Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Saggy leather seat covers

Views : 1505

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 14:04   #1
dudlek

Sorry to harp back to the previous thread on this in 2004 but wanted to know whether anyone else was suffering from loose middle panels in the seat part (not the back part) of all the seats, not inc the middle child booster one, on their 2005 xc90, we have a T6.

We've clocked up nearly 20K since Dec 2005 and having owned various BMWs and aToyota MR2 before, have never come across this sagging to the centre panel and bad creasing to the side parts of the seat before on any of these other cars and they weren't less than 4 years old on purchase. We bought this direct from Volvo Military Sales brand new.

After reading the other thread I'm going to bring it up with my dealer but could someone reassure me that I'm not being unreasonable with this as I've nearly earned a loyalty card from my dealer the amount of times it's been in for problems - from door rattles, to the old suspension knocking problem to the steering column vibration to the cr&p 'RTI' satnav issues. THis forum is so useful for realising empathy exists in this world.

If anyone can help with the above it would be appreciated.

Thanks to all.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 17:49   #2
toothdoc

hi
our xc90 is now 3 yrs old but we have suffered from excessive creasing of seat panels almost from day one. initially the garage was going to change them but later said that this was normal and refused to do anything.
barry
toothdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 16:54   #3
doctorstephen

Default leather seats

Hi,
I have placed a similar thread under the general chat section. I am experiencing similar thing, mainly with my driver's seat. I have only done 800 miles. Worth bringing up with the dealer. I am going to mention it at the 3000mile check.
Stephen
doctorstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 17:49   #4
dudlek

Thanks for the response to this, have had the car in the dealers again today to look at the intermittent, unending, knocking shocks and had some feedback from their chief engineer re the leather seats. He said he had looked at 2 or 3 cars already that were experiencing this problem and he had determined it was not the leather that was the problem but the foam padding underneath that was causing the leather to go slack by the lack of tension provided by the foam when it had been sat on for a while. He had had to replace the foam on these cars particularly on the drivers seat. Mine will be looked at closely at its next service 4000miles away.

Regards
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 23:15   #5
doctorstephen

I must say this was my suspicion as well...... I shall bring it up when the car is next due in. Certainly the driver's seat seems to be the worse affected.
doctorstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 18:18   #6
abriachan

Similar issue had seat cover changed @ 800mls but still the same problem, creasing on front panel of drivers seat.

Taking back to dealers to get sorted. Totally not acceptable for a Lux model.

Personally think that the leather on the Lux with the ribs are a dirt trap also.