Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Huge Thanks To Don (kalmar), Marco (MTE) & Tim Williams

Views : 1815

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 9th, 2008, 22:22   #1
s70t5chris

Default Huge Thanks To Don (kalmar), Marco (MTE) & Tim Williams

Hi everyone, I've not posted on this forum before, but been a silent member for quite a while. Some of you may know me from some of the other Volvo forums. But I just wanted to post my thanks for everyone to see for the hard work thats gone into my car lately.

What can I say really, I am so greatful to these three guys. Between them they have transformed my car into something that I never imagined!

The car went to Tim a few weeks ago for the following:- Fit 75mm Ally Intercooler, bigger throttle body, a later 16T, 3" downpipe/Race cat, green injectors, ME7 exhaust manifold, AFR gauge, Tim's special porting and few other odds and ends and a general chek over!

Tim is a magician! He managed to fit my intercooler and keep my air con! Thurough doesn't even come close to describe this mans attention to detail! His workmanship is beyond what you would expect from anyone, he really is a top bloke. I trust Tim with my car 100000%.

Yesterday Tim went down to Don's to get the car custom mapped. Marco was still in Sweden! Tim got all the necessary boost and AFR readings, Don linked the ECU up to his computer, and Marco mapped it remotely. They repeated the process until it was spot on.

I know everyone bangs on about it, but what Marco and Don are offering is without a doubt the absolute best remapping service you could want for your car. Marco has done an outstanding job of mapping my car, the boost and fueling are spot on, it drives beyond my imagination, responsive doesn't even describe it! It's so quick off the line, and pulls really hard to the red line. Not only has it been proved here to me that Marco really is as good as everyone says, but we've proved it can be done when he's not even here!

I also want to mention Don. Don has helped me no end since the whole hybrid incident, he is a really genuine helpful bloke. Kalmar Union are a great company to deal with, I can't recommend Don and his service highly enough. He's really gone out of his way for me here, as have Tim and Marco and I appreciate it massively.

There are plenty of other people I could thank for their help over the last 18 months, including Warren, Joules, Tony, Ben, Russ, Ashok, It could go on.......... Your all a cracking bunch of people.

Now where are them con rods..........
s70t5chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s70t5chris For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 22:34   #2
John_C
Allons-y!

Congratulations Chris, it's great that you're happy with the car after all the issues you've had in the past. Hope to meet up with you again at a Liphook meet or similar sometime soon.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 23:12   #3
WookDog

I would also highly recommend Don's MTE maps - my aged '93 850 T5 auto now goes like the clappers.

Don is an absolute pleasure to do business with - he makes an excellent cup of tea and doesn't try to sell you stuff you don't need. I think I was around at his house when the above car was being worked on and met Tim (whom I truly believe might actually know everything worth knowing about Volvos) and have to say I was very impressed by ther level of care and attention that was going in to getting everything absolutely spot on.

Oh, and his remapped Focus ST is certainly worth a look...

'93 850 T5 GLT. MTE Stage 1.
WookDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WookDog For This Useful Post: