Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tewksbury rolling road facility.

Views : 1508

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:44   #1
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Tewksbury rolling road facility.

Powerstation in Tewksbury are another well respected rolling road operator.

It has been suggested that some members nearer to that part of the world might be interested in a Saturday morning event there, rather than the long hike for some to PE.

Presently, they have both saturdays 22nd and 29th April open and look for a minimum of 15 runs at £30 each including VAT. for an exclusive booking.

Is anyone from arround there interested?

Regards, Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:14   #2
NatHLM

Don, thought I would just mention that I am already organising a rolling road day on th 29th April - I haven't posted the details yet as I wanted to get IC approval before I did. Prices of the ticket includes food and drink and we have 20 spaces available. I won't put much more up until I have spoken to IC - all are welcome. Mind you if we could do one on the 22nd and one on the 29th then we could compare results and that would be very interesting.

Nat xx

www.chiptuninguk.com
01527 577710
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:29   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Use of this site

I find it quite remarkable that you should continue to attempt to further your business on this site and seek the favour of members in the furtherance of your business when you post the sort of stuff that is on [url]www.pistonheads.com for all to see about this Club and some of its members.

Don.Norchi.

Last edited by don kalmar union; Mar 3rd, 2006 at 12:31.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 13:21   #4
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union
I find it quite remarkable that you should continue to attempt to further your business on this site and seek the favour of members in the furtherance of your business when you post the sort of stuff that is on [url]www.pistonheads.com for all to see about this Club and some of its members.

Don.Norchi.
did you mean this thread don:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=247353&f=156&h=0

oh and this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=246189&f=156&h=0

if so, then I agree with you on that one don as i was one of the puppets they refered to - lol

But the idea of both HLM and Tewksbury having a dyno day is a very good one. Any chance of a double discount??

we could do a dyno at one and then the other, and compare results. This would hopefully put an end to the discussion over certain parties dyno accuracy and the figures they quote for their products. It would also allow us to evaluate MTE's claims aswell.

obviously we need to keep the figures from one dyno a secret from the other untill the end, dont want anyone adding xxxbhp onto the dyno!!!

Blobrat

Last edited by bobcat; Mar 3rd, 2006 at 13:26.
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 13:28   #5
don kalmar union
Trader

Arrow Comparisons...

It would indeed be particularly interesting as the firm in Tewksbury has the very same rolling road equipment used by Rica themseves.

Don.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 14:55   #6
Dan F
Premier Member

Hi.
Don't want to be pedantic or owt, but it is spelt TewkEsbury.

Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 15:14   #7
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union

Don.Norchi.
Don

I have Absolutely NO idea what you are going on about - I have never heard of Pistonheads until you have mentioned it. I can assure you this has nothing to do with me or my company.

Is this what you were going on about the other day Bobcat? As your comment threw me as well.

Regards

Nat xx
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 15:22   #8
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
we could do a dyno at one and then the other, and compare results. This would hopefully put an end to the discussion over certain parties dyno accuracy and the figures they quote for their products. It would also allow us to evaluate MTE's claims aswell.

obviously we need to keep the figures from one dyno a secret from the other untill the end, dont want anyone adding xxxbhp onto the dyno!!!

Blobrat
Hi Bobcat, we can't change dyno figures if that is what you are implying however have a read of this article - it maybe of some interest.
www.dyno-tuning.com\dyno-tuning\dynoscience.pdf

Nat xx
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 15:27   #9
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatHLM
Hi Bobcat, we can't change dyno figures if that is what you are implying however have a read of this article - it maybe of some interest.
www.dyno-tuning.com\dyno-tuning\dynoscience.pdf

Nat xx
Not implying anything, but if something can be calibrated then it can be calibrated to whatever you want.

do you have any independent links you can post? Im sure the articles a very good read, but its a bit like writing your own exam questions, then marking it yourself - isnt it!!

Thanks for posting it though, im not throwing it back in your face, but if we remain totally independent then there can be no arguments - or less.

Can you see my point?

Last edited by bobcat; Mar 3rd, 2006 at 15:30.
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 15:33   #10
NatHLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
Not implying anything, but if something can be calibrated then it can be calibrated to whatever you want.

do you have any independent links you can post? Im sure the articles a very good read, but its a bit like writing your own exam questions, then marking it yourself - isnt it!!

Thanks for posting it though, im not throwing it back in your face, but if we remain totally independent then there can be no arguments - or less.

Can you see my point?
OK Bobcat no probs - the guys are running here and there today so I can't ask them right at the moment. Can you leave it with me and might be able to find something else.

Nat xx