Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Telephone volume too low?

Views : 877

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2011, 14:58   #1
Banzai

Default Telephone volume too low?

Hi,

I have a 2007 Exec with the integrated phone.

The speaker volume seems low even at the max. setting.

Is this normal or might I have a problem?

I would expect the max. volume to be equal to the radio.
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 15:05   #2
ianu
Premier Member

At its maximum - it should be almost too loud to hear clearly (on mine anyway). It may be a software issue somewhere. When I had mine from new - the phone was almost silent, a trip back to the dealer and they tweaked something in 'software' to make it louder.
Has it always been like this ?
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 15:45   #3
Banzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianu View Post
Has it always been like this ?
Yes, since I have owned it (1 year).

Software upgrades appear to cost £££.

I contacted my dealer about having a radio software mod. to receive LW and they wanted £66+VAT.

Is this something I can adjust within DiCE with my new (as yet unused) VIDA unit?
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 11:39   #4
madnurse

Default Intergrated phone volume

Yes, I have too noticed this.. on my MY05 the integrated phone has a free PAYG sim in it but rarely gets used due to the volume on maximum still requiring me to strain to listen. I tend to use my portable Bluetooth hands-free more than anything else, however the built in phone does get a vastly improved reception which is why, as a back-up, I keep a SIM in it.
140,000miles. Silver, Black Leather, Aluminium Dash
madnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 13:27   #5
ianu
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
Yes, I have too noticed this.. on my MY05 the integrated phone has a free PAYG sim in it but rarely gets used due to the volume on maximum still requiring me to strain to listen. I tend to use my portable Bluetooth hands-free more than anything else, however the built in phone does get a vastly improved reception which is why, as a back-up, I keep a SIM in it.
I reckon you should be able to get this sorted free of charge by Volvo - it's definitely a software tweak that should fix it. If it's always been like it - then it obviously wasn't tested properly when fitted (like mine wasn't). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to accept that if you can't hear it - it ain't working as it should.
Whether it related or not - but at the same time I also had a problem with the rear headphone sockets not working (no one had thought to test them either) - and this needed the 'software' updating to fix it which might have been part of the same update to sort the phone..
Should be very fixable and I'd challenge the price if I were you. It cost me £20 to have the automatic locking activated - it shouldn't cost you to fix something that doesn't sound like it has been set properly in the first place imho.

cheers
Ian
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote