Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 coming...but still need to shift the vRS !

Views : 1756

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2011, 21:32   #1
harvey07
Master Member

Default XC90 coming...but still need to shift the vRS !

Well my XC90 ownership could be short lived. If I don't manage to sell my low mileage, mint & totally loaded 4 year old Race Blue Skoda Octavia VRS, in the next week or so, I may just have to try & turn the XC90 around, in the hope that I can limit the damage. I can't afford to have two motors & two lots of fixed running costs.

I've gone for saturation with my advertising & it has cost me a small fortune, but so far I've just had timewasters & chancers ! Having spoken to my local dealer, they will buy it back, but not for a decent sum. It's making me think I should just keep it & enjoy it, until it's reached banger status !

I am left wondering what is happening in the used car/private sale market. Hardly any of the cars on Autotrader are private sales. Also dents my belief that a well looked after car is always desirable...it seems not !

I'll keep you posted & still cling onto some hope that I can keep the XC90...
harvey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 21:53   #2
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey07 View Post
Well my XC90 ownership could be short lived. If I don't manage to sell my low mileage, mint & totally loaded 4 year old Race Blue Skoda Octavia VRS, in the next week or so, I may just have to try & turn the XC90 around, in the hope that I can limit the damage. I can't afford to have two motors & two lots of fixed running costs.K

I've gone for saturation with my advertising & it has cost me a small fortune, but so far I've just had timewasters & chancers ! Having spoken to my local dealer, they will buy it back, but not for a decent sum. It's making me think I should just keep it & enjoy it, until it's reached banger status !

I am left wondering what is happening in the used car/private sale market. Hardly any of the cars on Autotrader are private sales. Also dents my belief that a well looked after car is always desirable...it seems not !

I'll keep you posted & still cling onto some hope that I can keep the XC90...
With petrol near £1.40, the car market is stalling for everything apart for very economical car. When you can buy a BMW 320d with gets near 65mpg, it is difficult to shift a car doing just half that.
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 22:16   #3
400-ascona
Premier Member

Insurance has gone through the roof too. I can't shift my MG ZT+ for the same reasons.
Rob.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 22:44   #4
mrpink

Have you tried Pistonheads? Its free, I've sold my last two cars on there.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 10:58   #5
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

www.webuyanycar.com ? .... prices seem surprisingly good! not sure of the pit falls though.
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 16:04   #6
harvey07
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
Have you tried Pistonheads? Its free, I've sold my last two cars on there.
Put it on there first - free & then upgraded to a premium ad.

It's now also on Gumtree, Scot-Ads, Road Record, Autotrader & also my local rag this weekend ! + the classifieds at work, noticeboards & is adorned with signs. Has cost me a small fortune to advertise.

I am going to stick it outside Asda tomorrow. It's priced competitively & under the Private Good price, but comes with a 2 year service plan, almost a years warranty & I've just done the £400 cambelt & water pump as scheduled. I wish I'd never looked at the Volvo now !

I am going to give it another 5 days or so, then justpull my pants down & let the local dealer have it...so he can sell it to someone for £2k more!

Won't be dealing with WBAC - I've only heard bad things from those that have used them.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 18:06   #7
Doddy1976

A newbie here!

Have just traded my beloved MK6 Golf GTI for an XC90 (MY2007 SE LUX D5 Geartronic) and got the Glass's guide price from the dealer and likewise got my used XC90 for better than the Glass's valuation - so it can be done. I don't doubt I could have got a better deal for the XC90 from a non franchised dealer but with warranty etc etc i have some piece of mind. Delivery Tuesday so only a few days left to enjoy the GTI!

I decided against trying to sell it privately for hassle factor reasons in the main. Also I needed to do the swap at the same time as I couldn't be without a car and couldnt afford the XC without selling the Golf first.

Insurance is a nightmare - Volvo insurance quoted me £1250 (34 years old with 9 years NCB)!! They wouldn't touch my wife (even for the free 7 day dealer cover) as she had an accident 18 months ago!! I added it to my current insurance for more or less exactly the same price as I paid for the GTI - I was expecting premium to go down!
Doddy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 19:04   #8
REDSHEEPRIDD

If its the one in the local today (Portlethen) then it certainly looks good.

Having scanned autotrader, there are quite a few similar age & mileage for the same price from Skoda garages (maybe not all the extras though).

Anyway good luck.
REDSHEEPRIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 21:56   #9
harvey07
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSHEEPRIDD View Post
If its the one in the local today (Portlethen) then it certainly looks good.

Having scanned autotrader, there are quite a few similar age & mileage for the same price from Skoda garages (maybe not all the extras though).

Anyway good luck.
That's the one ! It's in exceptional nick, but that counts for nowt if no-one bothers to come & see it.

The guy that called yesterday & tried to chip off £1000 over the phone, didn't bother to turn up last night as agreed - no phone call to cancel either!

I might hack it around some of the independants next week, but can't see them beating the local dealer prices???

I fair thought with the >£2k extra's/warranty/service plan & only 24k miles, it would fly out the door ! What do I know !
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 21:38   #10
REDSHEEPRIDD

It really is hit and miss.

I sold my Subaru forester 2.0xt the other year and could have sold her ten times over, yet I try to sell the wifes c class estate (exceptional condition and right price) last year and no takers. Never mind, she still has it and it's going as good as ever.

All you need is one, so hopefully the right person will call soon.
REDSHEEPRIDD is offline   Reply With Quote