Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dealers round Liverpool

Views : 748

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 03:01   #1
moneys

Default Dealers round Liverpool

Ive had my car nearly a month now and love it, big change coming from a scooby to this but so far its exceeded my expectations somewhat.

The only issue I'm having is trying to get hold of local dealers to sort out a service plan of some sort, ive e-mailed and called Warrington with no replies and then today I've called Chester but got no answer. Does anyone recommend anyone around the Liverpool area to look after my car? I'd prefer to keep with the full volvo history but the way its going its not looking very promising

Thanks

Ste
moneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 04:35   #2
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

The closest main dealer to you is Rybrook in Warrington (they closed there Liverpool branch down a few years ago), Chester is also the same Rybrook group and IMHO the customer service at Rybrook has being declining for a few years.

I spoke to someone at Chester who promised a call back and I'm still waiting and that was from July, needless to say when I get my car serviced in a few weeks time it won't be at Rybrooks....

The next closest main dealer is Hatfields in Bury, other than that my friends uses these guys and she swears by them http://www.southportautocentre.co.uk/

http://www.hatfields.co.uk/volvo_home/volvo_home.aspx

I'll be taking my car to one of these two....

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddie For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:01   #3
moneys

Thanks, ill give the southport one a call, hopefully they will have the equipment for any updates as well. I'll get it booked in for a oil change and a once over I think, always best to get it done whilst you have a warranty on it just in case
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 20:30   #4
Bigun37

I live in St. Helens and I take mine to doves in Blackburn 30 min drive all motorway. I am on a three year plan but paid for it over two. No issues they seem to know there stuff
Bigun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 03:52   #5
moneys

Southport called me back, hoping to get it in next week for an oil change and check over, they will do this while i wait which is a big bonus, ill see how they come across and go from there. They did say they dont recommend changing the ATF, may have a go at doing this myself to be honest
The Following User Says Thank You to moneys For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 08:55   #6
Arctic fox
XC90 D5 SE Lux MY08

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneys View Post
They did say they dont recommend changing the ATF, may have a go at doing this myself to be honest
I think It's great when owners make comments like this. It shows their excitement in wanting to get to know their vehicles.

What astounds me is that with a recession going on, there are clearly businesses who are doing better than ever and turning away good feasible jobs and money. (It's tongue in cheek sarcasm
Arctic fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 21:16   #7
Pitvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneys View Post
Southport called me back, hoping to get it in next week for an oil change and check over, they will do this while i wait which is a big bonus, ill see how they come across and go from there. They did say they dont recommend changing the ATF, may have a go at doing this myself to be honest
Interested to hear how you get on with them - sadly Rybrook never ring back which is why after three years I'm trying Hatfields [Bury] on Monday - who were also £120 cheaper for the four year service on the XC90...
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote