Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 - build date next week!

Views : 1290

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2017, 18:20   #1
Director76
Master Member

Default XC90 T8 - build date next week!

Big build scheduled for next week according to the dealers...might I expect to get my hands on it before Christmas??

How quickly do they normally ship to the UK? PDI etc? (I will be having a bar fitted which may take a bit longer I suppose)

Thanks all, D76!
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 18:43   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Big build scheduled for next week according to the dealers...might I expect to get my hands on it before Christmas??

How quickly do they normally ship to the UK? PDI etc? (I will be having a bar fitted which may take a bit longer I suppose)

Thanks all, D76!
While I cant give you much info, I can tell you that the DFDS ship from Gothenburg to Immingham sails 6 days a week and Volvo has cars on every single departure

I reckon it may be very tight to get your car before the new year.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 19:04   #3
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
While I cant give you much info, I can tell you that the DFDS ship from Gothenburg to Immingham sails 6 days a week and Volvo has cars on every single departure

I reckon it may be very tight to get your car before the new year.

thanks...fingers crossed!

The car won't have far to go from Immingham to the dealers at least (<50 miles)
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 19:13   #4
Lexman8
Premier Member

XC90 takes ~2 days to build. Both my XC90s were in the UK ~5 days after being built and then with the dealer 3 or 4 days after that. PDi took ~3 days.

You might be lucky.

Also, the dealer may have an end of year target to meet so might be very keen to make sure you get it by 31st Dec.
_

Last edited by Lexman8; Nov 28th, 2017 at 19:17.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 08:44   #5
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
You might be lucky.

Also, the dealer may have an end of year target to meet so might be very keen to make sure you get it by 31st Dec.
_
Let's hope so! Recent experience of ordering a Tiguan for Mrs D76, the car went from build date 'next week' to 'in transit' i.e. the build must have come forward by a week at the last minute. It's a shame the order tracker doesn't work with Volvo, it was very accurate with VW.

Re the year end sales target, this is a lease car so as long as they sell it to the lease company this year I'm sure they'll get their beans! 🙄
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 10:09   #6
Fortune7
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post

Thanks all, D76!
Back in the summer, my car (see specs below, inc towbar) was built in the week of 24/5, reported as 'complete' on 2/6 and I collected it from Lincoln on 13/6, so (for me) the build-to-collection process was just under 3 weeks. Maybe I was lucky and all the stars aligned, but the dealership described it as 'typical'. All relevant dates were shown on Volvo's 'Vista' build sheet which the dealer updated/emailed me a couple of times during the process.

Cheers, Andy
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 10:23   #7
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune7 View Post
Back in the summer, my car (see specs below, inc towbar) was built in the week of 24/5, reported as 'complete' on 2/6 and I collected it from Lincoln on 13/6, so (for me) the build-to-collection process was just under 3 weeks. Maybe I was lucky and all the stars aligned, but the dealership described it as 'typical'. All relevant dates were shown on Volvo's 'Vista' build sheet which the dealer updated/emailed me a couple of times during the process.

Cheers, Andy
Thanks - yep, practically can't see how it could happen in less than 3 weeks really, any normal month would be fine I think, bit Christmas will almost certainly get in the way.

Oh well, cant do anything about it I suppose...got a run up to the in laws in Scotland over the Christmas break itself, would have been good to run it in with a good long trip and try out all the toys!!
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 15:16   #8
steladamo

I am wondering having an order number if Volvo has a site where you can place this number and find out the progress on your ordered car.

My dealer from week 46 told me the car moved to week 47 and specifically the 24th of November but it finally did not enter production and might finally get into production line this week. I have order a 2018 XC60 R Design.

Wonder if he is true to me or not because when I first ordered the car in September the initial delivery date he has given me was for end of February. Then after an inquiry that I made to the Volvo HQ for my country (Greece) he called me back and told me for December 5th. Obviously since the car is not yet produced, I pretty much doubt it to have here by next week, ha ha ha.
steladamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 15:47   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steladamo View Post
I am wondering having an order number if Volvo has a site where you can place this number and find out the progress on your ordered car.

My dealer from week 46 told me the car moved to week 47 and specifically the 24th of November but it finally did not enter production and might finally get into production line this week. I have order a 2018 XC60 R Design.

Wonder if he is true to me or not because when I first ordered the car in September the initial delivery date he has given me was for end of February. Then after an inquiry that I made to the Volvo HQ for my country (Greece) he called me back and told me for December 5th. Obviously since the car is not yet produced, I pretty much doubt it to have here by next week, ha ha ha.
There used to be, but it wasn't very reliable, often went down and had out of date information. Volvo took the site down about a year back and have not replaced it.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 17:19   #10
Fortune7
VOC Member

Ask your Dealer for the 'Vista' record for your car which is on their Volvo system. This record shows all the car's specification / options, etc., and all the relevant dates in the build / delivery process, either planned, or actual.

Cheers, Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune7 For This Useful Post: