Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking '97 V90 960 940?

Views : 3801

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:56   #1
Peter 62
Master Member

Default Breaking '97 V90 960 940?

Finally got my issue sorted and can now start taking bits off of this car

It's a 1997 V90 CD 2.9 in dark metallic silver. I am not 100% of others that parts are interchangeable with, but have a high confidence of the 960's

Pretty much all parts available atm. I hope to get rid of the car itself in about a week or so. At that point, I'll remove any key/common parts and the rest will go and be weighed in as a unit.

2004 V70 Facelift, Auto Silver
Peter 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 13:03   #2
Palmer
Premier Member

Rear wiper arm
Door handles

available?
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 13:18   #3
Peter 62
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Rear wiper arm
Door handles

available?
Yes and yes. I'll double check cond, take pics and come back. Never removed door handles. Much involved in taking 'em off?

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 15:29   #4
Palmer
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter 62 View Post
Yes and yes. I'll double check cond, take pics and come back. Never removed door handles. Much involved in taking 'em off?
Nice one fella.

Door handles... from what i can remember u need to take the door card off, done by removing the speaker grill then looking at the base of the card and with a screwdriver flick the tabs out then it should lift off.

After that i think its just a hex screw in the door crevise and then push it out and rotate it so the mechanism slips out the hole

Also does it have the cupholder center console?
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 16:22   #5
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Finally got my issue sorted and can now start taking bits off of this car

It's a 1997 V90 CD 2.9 in dark metallic silver. I am not 100% of others that parts are interchangeable with, but have a high confidence of the 960's

Pretty much all parts available atm. I hope to get rid of the car itself in about a week or so. At that point, I'll remove any key/common parts and the rest will go and be weighed in as a unit.
Throttle bodie please pm me price thanks
smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:00   #6
940Graeme
Premier Member

Has it got leather or half leather interior? Would be interested in full set of either. Also interested in rear lenses, interior grab handle, glove box lid - one or two other little bits of trim. Happy to pop over and help remove bits as I'm only up the road in Eastbourne.

Speak soon,
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:40   #7
Peter 62
Master Member

I'm going to be a bit over cautious here, but before I render the car no longer roadworthy I'd better just speak to DVLA on Wednesday and be 100% that they are not going to want to inspect it to ensure that it exists!! I have all the docs that I thought made me ok to crack on back in my possession, but somebody has warned me that I shouldn't be so confident until I physically have the V5 back. I would hope that all will be good tbh and assuming I am right will be happy to really rip into it from Wednesday onwards.

In the meantime, keep the requests coming and I'll do my best to keep up with em and respond accordingly. With the above in mind, I can't estimate weights as yet so will have to discuss exclusive of carriage for now. Apologies for the extra overhead!

Palmer. As you can see, small marks on both OS handles (you did mean exterior handles I hope!). NS ones fine apart from cobwebs.

Rear Wiper - I may be dreaming this, but assume not. I seem to recall taking off the plastic shroud a couple of years ago and breaking the parts that hold it to the arm itself. I think I used silicon to fix it back. Maybe I didn't break it completely. Sorry, really can't remember, but I do know that it is in place and never given me a problem.

Ignore any 'muck' you see here. I am a fan of making life easy later with grease!

How does a fiver a piece, plus carriage sound?

Cupholder centre console. Yes, but....see below
I don't know if this is fixable or not. The hinge has broken that holds the leather top on. I had my eyes open to sort it one day, but never got around to it.

Smithy Not got to this yet. Will PM you.

940Graeme Full leather (Dark Grey?). Damage on drivers seat edge tho', but believe all the rest is good. I'll take a pic later. Not sure what you mean by grab handle. Glove box lid fine. OSR lens broken, but NS is fine and hopefully other bits and pieces ok. Do you get my way mush as a matter of course (near the Marina)? If so, you may want to pop round and have a look?

...and for the sake of it, here is a pic of the whole car. This is a couple of years old tho' and not quite as nice now!

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:35   #8
940Graeme
Premier Member

Thanks for that Peter - I'll PM you with my contact numbers.

Just general info - the Cup-Holder centre unit DOES NOT fit 940's or 960's, or V90's.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 14:37   #9
Peter 62
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940Graeme View Post
Thanks for that Peter - I'll PM you with my contact numbers.

Just general info - the Cup-Holder centre unit DOES NOT fit 940's or 960's, or V90's.
Which cup holder centre unit do you mean? The one that is fitted to my V90? ;-)

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 20:01   #10
940Graeme
Premier Member

Quote:
Which cup holder centre unit do you mean? The one that is fitted to my V90? ;-)
how one small spelling mistake can change a whole meaning.........!!!

I MEANT "It doesn't fit 940 or 960 ONLY the V90!!!!"

Just some "helpful" advice for any 940/60 owners who may want it..........not really that helpful eh?

Soz all - hope now clear!

Thanks for the call today, CU soon Peter,
The Following User Says Thank You to 940Graeme For This Useful Post: