Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 D5 (2014) R-DESIGN LUX NAV AWD 2.4 5dr

Views : 2976

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 21:08   #1
Trugga

Default XC60 D5 (2014) R-DESIGN LUX NAV AWD 2.4 5dr

Yesterday I collected the above, having part exchanged it for a XC90 2.4 AWD SE (2008 on 130k miles).

241A9000-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

With only 54k miles, it is in fantastic condition and has a few extra toys such as rear parking sensors, bi-xenon lights and a power tail gate.

Having collected the car, I drove ½mile down the road to fill up with diesel, then park in an Asda carpark (with a Costa coffee) to play, sorry adjust, many of the settings. At first this seems a little daunting, but it soon becomes quite intuiative.

Although I had my Tomtom with me, I entered my post code into the satnav - that was easier than I thought it would be (having read the online manuals for the past few days). Suffice to say it direct me home with no worries.

I do miss the current speed limit indication in the navigation display, but once I'd worked out what the noise was, at least the speed camera locations indicate their speed.

241A9032-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

Went for a drive in the dark last night - was'nt overly impressed with the "bendy lights", but did appreciate the side looking lights.

Went for a drive up to the Long Myndd today (an hour each way) - lovely to drive once you get used to the steering .

Had a bit of a problem when I got close to home; a squeeling noise from the front - looks like the brake pad mount is rubbing on the disk (which are slightly worn) - I'll see if I can get them replaced at the garage opposite work tomorrow.

241A9039-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

Managed to download a satnave update and then start to install it into the car - that might take a while, but I hope it will give me access to the Car ID system so I can send map destinationd to the car from my PC/Phone.

I really do like this car, and boy, has it got some umph

Lawrence

XC60 D5 R-DESIGN LUX NAV AWD 2.4 5dr
1994 Vauxhall Frontera Sport 2.0i Soft Top (Competition)

Last edited by Trugga; Mar 10th, 2019 at 21:17.
Trugga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trugga For This Useful Post: