Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Congratulations sir, its a........

Views : 843

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 15:38   #1
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Default Congratulations sir, its a........

PASS , yes the 740 passed with only three adv. slight corrosion on floorpan, exhaust baffles rattling and fuel mixture to lean.

Happy bear?, yep thats me especially as I had forgotten it was due, expired last week and a late phone call yesterday got me an 0800 test this morning, not good when out at the pub the night before.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marty Dolomite For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 16:18   #2
stephend
Premier Member

Corrosion?? What you been doing to it?
2012 Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi estate
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5
stephend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 16:54   #3
irishcarfan
Master Member

Great!

Everytime a 7/940 passes an MOT, an angel gets his wings! They are getting so few and far between, I reckon a new regsiter should be set up to keep track of them. We must learn from the mistakes of the scrappage scheme...and never, ever let it happen again!
irishcarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to irishcarfan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 18:13   #4
stephend
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcarfan View Post
Everytime a 7/940 passes an MOT, an angel gets his wings!
What a lovely image!

Mine's just back from a service plus a new brake caliper.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 19:33   #5
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephend View Post
Corrosion?? What you been doing to it?
In all fairness to my tester he sometimes goes overkill on older cars so the good people at VOSA can see he is doing his job, I have only had one car that he tested fail.
The 'corrosion' is just a slightly surface crusty part where the floorpan join is, he did say that its not an issue but i will grind it back and reseal, he did also say but not put on the ticket that the front brake flexi hoses look like they are still the originals so I will replace them as well.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 08:36   #6
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite View Post
In all fairness to my tester he sometimes goes overkill on older cars so the good people at VOSA can see he is doing his job, I have only had one car that he tested fail.
The 'corrosion' is just a slightly surface crusty part where the floorpan join is, he did say that its not an issue but i will grind it back and reseal, he did also say but not put on the ticket that the front brake flexi hoses look like they are still the originals so I will replace them as well.
Good to get the Pass ticket, with all the talk on here about the new regs I was a bit worried before my test but it turned out no problem.
Also good to have an MOT tester who can show he knows what to look for while not being a total pain about things on an older car, I think the guy I goto has a realistic veiw and also recognises that I care enough about my cars to respond to a quite word off the record.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:14   #7
stephend
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite View Post
Same with my MoT tester. I use the same guy each year, and a few times it's come up with the same advisory for several years running, but he's said to me "it's no worse than last year, so we'll carry on just keeping an eye on it". And when it seems like the right time, I get it fixed. Totally straightforward, and I trust his judgement. I do get repairs done, but I know from experience he won't advise a repair unless it's genuinely needed.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 21:40   #8
purplebargeken
Premier Member

Well done J, I didn't expect anything less mate.

K
purplebargeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 20:22   #9
kebab10
Premier Member

Well done for the pass matey!
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote