Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanli

Views : 1206

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2012, 23:33   #11
GMad
Premier Member

Odd isn't it how some people don't get on with something and others do?

I recently chucked a couple of Wanlis onto a Mazda RX8 (just to get it through an MOT and flog it on) and I couldn't fault them. Not as noisy as Federals either....
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:57   #12
Bendolfc
Premier Member

They might feel ok subjectively but look at the link i posted earlier. If someone slams on on the motorway in front of you on a reasonable tyre, no matter how quick you react you will go into the back of them.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:33   #13
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
They might feel ok subjectively but look at the link i posted earlier. If someone slams on on the motorway in front of you on a reasonable tyre, no matter how quick you react you will go into the back of them.
Even on bald tyres in the pouring rain, if you're driving at a safe distance you won't go into anybody.

N.B. I'm not advising the use of bald tyres.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 18:20   #14
Milky400

Falken 452, have had them on many cars very very good. also toyo proxes TR1, have them on the TVR and T4 and are by far the best tyres i have ever used, and cheapish
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 18:26   #15
GMad
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMe View Post
Even on bald tyres in the pouring rain, if you're driving at a safe distance you won't go into anybody.

That's what I was thinking too
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 21:31   #16
alex7127

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMe View Post

I was thinking this too....
alex7127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 22:16   #17
IanLD

Never had anything (deer for example) suddenly decide it wants to cross right in front of you? I know it is possible to drive in such a way that you should be able to safely stop, but that still doesn't allow for the unexpected.

I'd like to have enough tread to give me a chance and hopefully not hit whatever may unexpectedly appear.

Got to say that there's a caveat to that - V50 came with four Hifly HF805 tyres on it. Never heard of them before and when getting them balanced, the tyre fitter I use was full of contempt for them. I'm pleasantly surprised, but will be glad once they've worn enough to justify changing them.

Unfortunate timing for me as I had just put new tyres on the Saab to get it ready for the MOT that it never reached. They were Vredestein but I might try something different next time.
IanLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 08:36   #18
EdoS40

I had wanli tyres on the rear of my old Kia Pro Ceed 2.0 Sport CRDI that i had tuned. they were 225/45/17 94W AND THEY WERE THE WORST TYRE IVE EVER HAD!! they were on the front but i changed then to the back as there was no grip and they vibrated when breaking. after a few months of them being on the back a terible dronning sound was coming from the rear. i put it in to kia and they found a bearing that was done and they fixed it but it was still there when i went back out. I put it back in and they told me it was the tyres.

When i finally got them changed the local garage to ld me that one of them was mor square than round and the other was going the same way. He also said he has seen it alot with those tyre when they get below 4 mm tread.

So stay clear of them as you will regret it.
EdoS40 is offline   Reply With Quote