Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Everything £15!!! YES EVERYTHING www.usedvolvoparts.co.uk

Views : 24732

Replies : 266

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2012, 20:22   #181
Stoney Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Sports Parts View Post
Sorry we do not have this.
Thanx for looking at least........ The search continues........
Stoney Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 21:47   #182
Volvon
Master Member

Firstly, I was just merely pointing out everything is not £15 ergo this thread is slightly false advertising. I appreciate the fact the sale started on 1st May and I emailed slightly before that yes, that is fine, I couldn't have the turbo for £15 I whole heartedly accept this.

The reason I have a bee in my bonnet is that listing thing's saying "this isn't included in the £15 sale", saying things are his mates so he can't sell them for £15 and the fact other members have emailed him and he has come back with prices higher than £15. So again, NOT everything is £15 is it? Isn't that false advertising? Didn't you say you were a solicitor during the week?

You also have not explained why you are emailing under a false name. As when I looked you up on companies house there is no-one at your residence with that name, or any of your other companies registered at your address. The fact you have got a bit touchy when I mentioned your real name makes me even more curious.

I apologise if I offended you or anyone else for pointing these facts out, but I think it is in the forums best interests for traders to remain transparent.

Also, as you are using this forum as a selling medium, I think it only fair that if any of your customers (forum members) do feel aggrieved then they have a right to vocalise it if it is in the other forum members best interests. When people have any issues I think it a bit poor just to divert them to your website. If you are a good trader, selling good parts, with transparent pricing, then I am sure you welcome that, because as people will see you resolving issues and providing great customer service, it will greatly add to your reputation. Why would you want that hidden behind closed doors? It's free PR!

Best regards,

Volvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 21:55   #183
Paffel
VOC Member

V70 standard AWD Exhaust... you got anything lying about?

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD'01 S60 T5
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 00:38   #184
Volvo Sports Parts
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvon View Post
Firstly, I was just merely pointing out everything is not £15 ergo this thread is slightly false advertising. I appreciate the fact the sale started on 1st May and I emailed slightly before that yes, that is fine, I couldn't have the turbo for £15 I whole heartedly accept this.

The reason I have a bee in my bonnet is that listing thing's saying "this isn't included in the £15 sale", saying things are his mates so he can't sell them for £15 and the fact other members have emailed him and he has come back with prices higher than £15. So again, NOT everything is £15 is it? Isn't that false advertising? Didn't you say you were a solicitor during the week?

You also have not explained why you are emailing under a false name. As when I looked you up on companies house there is no-one at your residence with that name, or any of your other companies registered at your address. The fact you have got a bit touchy when I mentioned your real name makes me even more curious.

I apologise if I offended you or anyone else for pointing these facts out, but I think it is in the forums best interests for traders to remain transparent.

Also, as you are using this forum as a selling medium, I think it only fair that if any of your customers (forum members) do feel aggrieved then they have a right to vocalise it if it is in the other forum members best interests. When people have any issues I think it a bit poor just to divert them to your website. If you are a good trader, selling good parts, with transparent pricing, then I am sure you welcome that, because as people will see you resolving issues and providing great customer service, it will greatly add to your reputation. Why would you want that hidden behind closed doors? It's free PR!

Best regards,
Thank you for your message.

We note that you have accepted the fact that you misread the advert as the offer started on the 1st May 2012. It is not false advertising as it clearly states the fact that the offer started on the 1st May 2012.

With regards about the friend, I was merely using a lay term for you, in business terms its called networking. The other disgruntled person was also after a Turbo and we emailed to her the same pictures as yourself, she did not have enough time on her hands like yourself and as such did not bring unfounded allegations to the table.

You will find that using terms such as false advertising without the full knowledge of the term you have every right to have this checked by an independent legal advisor, you will only be wasting your money.

The reason why you would not have found our business on Companies House WebCheck is because of the fact that we are NOT a Private Limited Company which will show on the public register, we are a small partnership which does not fall into the above category, searches on registered companies will be fruitless.

Volvo Sports is a business, which we reopened after it closed down several months ago it started off as a business venture but I have fast become a fan of Volvo and currently I am looking for a V70r and 850r so if anybody has one please let me know!!

You will further find that you pointed out that we are selling used parts, well the clue is in the name “Used Volvo Parts” therefore there is no false advertising again on our part. If you happened to misread it, please read it again.

Should there be any customer to whom we have offered a part for more than £15 on or after the 1st May 2012 then I will happily give this to them FREE.

You will find that as customer service and a genuine want to help members out on this forum I could not get for d2k a part which he wanted, I have offered to give him for FREE a part which is worth over a £100, I think you will find nobody else would offer that.

With regards to my name, should you wish you may do a director search you could check here to save you time: http://company-director-check.co.uk/...arch=Check+now
The results both relate to myself and the properties listed are owned by my family, not that this is any of your business, just being transparent. I would not have showed up on the Unit address as this is a industrial estate, and I do not live there!

Lincoln is a nickname which has stuck with me for some time, Abraham Lincoln was a Lawyer also, so you can see the relation and why the nickname stuck, there was nothing to hide which is why I signed the email using my full name: Naveed Abraham.

As a background I am a History and a Law graduate, in fact the initials in my name read as BA (Hons), LLB (Hons), PgDip and CeRGI. I am currently working for Barrister Chambers which is led by the top Immigration Barrister in the UK. I do not need to mention his name as it has no relevance to your query. My Twitter name is @nav_abraham and I may have mentioned it on there (follow if you want!! “Nav” is short for “Naveed” should you wish to scrutinise this also) The reason why I became touchy is because it should not have anything to do with someone on the other side of the pond as to which name I use. I hope your not as curious anymore because it could become stalking at some point.

Please note that I am only replying to this because you have implied that I am a shady character of some sort?!! I do not think I would be employed by a Barristers Chambers if I was a shady character, I am not sure of the legal profession in your country, it could be different. I should be enjoying my weekend.

I am not offended but surprised at your complaint because we have never been contractually bound to each other, you made a query and we could not help you, there are many people on here who we have not been able to help.

I hope this has been a good opportunity for me to introduce myself to you and other members of the forum. If I have offended you I do apologise and if I am able to help I will happily do so.

I would like to continue to sell at the insane price which I am advertising until my parts have sold to a level where I need to restock. I should be looking to restock and spend my precious time looking for vehicles which I can sell parts off for my potential customers, I am hoping you will allow me to do so and not make me keep replying to false allegations. I think anybody who is shown as a shady character will reply.

Should I have offended anybody I do apologise, my sole intention is to provide a service here for Volvo enthusiasts, I am looking to set up a meet during summer for Volvo fans, I hope we take this opportunity to further get to know me, you have been warned that I do drive a American Muscle Car until I find a Volvo.

Again any queries for parts over the weekend I may not be able to answer as I wont be able to go to the Unit and check.

Thank you.
Old May 9th, 2012, 00:04   #185
Volvo Sports Parts
Trader

Default Back and taking requests. Compiling a list for v70 this wknd

Everything below is £15 each plus p&p

Old May 9th, 2012, 00:35   #186
Volvo Sports Parts
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
have you got a v70/850 strut brace
I had a look for you but I've only one left, it's for an s60, sorry. Whilst your at it are you interested in a top engine mount?
Old May 9th, 2012, 00:45   #187
Thanatos
VOC Member

No both of mine are polybushed but thanks for the offer
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 19:22   #188
Volvo Sports Parts
Trader

Default Just Competitive We Are:

Here is a listing for a part which someone has purchased from ourselves, compare the price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VO...2#ht_995wt_754

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708398799...9#ht_500wt_949

Last edited by Volvo Sports Parts; May 10th, 2012 at 19:22. Reason: Spelling Mistake!!
Volvo Sports Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 23:47   #189
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvon View Post

Best regards,
Genuine bloke is Naveed, I bought headlights for our S40 @ £15 each .Once we discovered a minor fault cash refunded straight away no quibble.

Regards

Mo
Old May 11th, 2012, 18:18   #190
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi, do you please have two remote central locking fobs for 1998 V70 with the three buttons; "lock, unlock & boot symbol"Thanks Jack.
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote