Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help!!!

Views : 700

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 17th, 2006, 11:41   #1
bluegumbaby

I have just aquired an '88 760 turbo automatic. Unfortunately it has not got ausers manual and the dash looks like a plane cockpit. Can anyone help with a dash layout as lights are going on an off and I have no idea what they mean, which could cause a problem!! I have a haynes repair manual, but no dashboard layout. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 21:54   #2
Andrew (UK)
VOC Member

First off, you will stand a far better chance of getting help if you posted in the correct forum. Yours is a 700 series car so post in the 700 series forum to actually get the attention of people who may be able to help. Having said that here are some ideas:

1) Turn up at the VOC national tomorrow and you may be able to buy a manual for your car, details in the Events, meetings forum.
2) Join the VOC, the web site contains some documents only accessible to members, and there may be what you need there.
3) Check eBay, owner manuals come up occasionally.
4) Post a message in the parts wanted forum

Andrew
Andrew (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 02:49   #3
bluegumbaby

Many tanks for your help, will try all off them. As you can see, this is my first volvo automatic and whilst it a great car, very easy to drive, technical factors are not my forte,(duh, I'm femail!). Will let you know if I have any luck before I break down!! Jane:
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 09:57   #4
Gerard

G'day, I have a 740 wagon and my manual tells me the lights are the following. I have found it is useful turing on the ignition without actually starting the car to see all the correct lights come on and check that they are working, then starting the car and seeing which ones stay on. If the bulb is blown the warning indicator is not much use!!!

From the left hand bottom (under the clock at the far left side):
Bulb number 3 (the first one, the indicator lights at the top of the dash are numbers 1 and 2) Pre heating glow plug -diesel only (not yours)

4/ not used

5/ ABS anti lock braking mal function (a red one with a circle and parenthasis around it)

6/ lights (note this is sometimes left out if your car has its headlights on all the time when the car is driving- I have found it is useful to put a bulb in here in case you accidentally leave your side lights on this warn you, but the drawback is that this light is then on all the time that you drive)

7/ High boost pressure (turbo diesel models)

8/ Low engine oil pressure (a red one, with a picture of a little oil can)

9/ Battery charge failure, (a red one with a rectangle image of a battery with a + and - in it)

10, Over drive engages (manual gearbox)

11/ Headlamp main beam (blue) with a picturre of a headlight)

12/ brake curcuit failure (red one exclamation mark in it)

13/ Parking brake (red with a P)

14/ Buld failure (yellow picture of a light bulb with a cross)

15/ low washer fluid (picture of the windscrean washer fountain- yellow)

16/ 4th speed disengaged (auto gearbox)

17/ fasten seatbelts (red pic of person with seatbelt)

18 not connected.

I hope that this helps.

regards Gerard.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 16:02   #5
bluegumbaby

G'day, you little beaut!! Your post has been very helpful & I will be outside in a mo, trying it out. A fellow Aussie (as I expected you guessed by my nickname) giving me the info. Great. I'll be outside in a mo trying it out and will let you know how I get on. Many thanks Bluegumbaby
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 14:18   #6
Gerard

hope it all makes sense!!

Rgds Gerard.