Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Business Edition

Views : 1519

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 12:08   #1
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Default New Business Edition

So, there I am enjoying my new V60, feeling very content with my choice when I read this online today. Great, the car I want with my extras suddenly standard and at a lower price. Okay so I lease but the list price matters for tax purposes.

I know it is the luck of the draw as to when models come out but OUCH.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/volv...slashed/263669

It does make the car an even better deal at entry level though. A great bargain and especially compared to the German alternatives.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 13:36   #2
craigv60
Master Member

That's a bit irritating, isn't it? To be honest, I'm happy without satnav and parking sensors but a reduced list price would affect the BIK I pay ...
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 12:39   #3
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey1512 View Post

I know it is the luck of the draw as to when models come out but OUCH.
there are some things in life you just don't have any control over. unless you can see some way of taking advantage of this, you just have to let it go.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 13:50   #4
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
there are some things in life you just don't have any control over. unless you can see some way of taking advantage of this, you just have to let it go.
Thank you Yoda for your wise words. You are quite right and such is the way of things that the last people to give you any news of an impending release is your dealer as they want to shift a car now, not in a weeks time. I had hoped the car had been out long enough for this type of model to be already out there if Volvo intended doing one. BMW have a business type model and logic would suggest that you need to match them as you are going for the same customers and they are the benchmark, like it or not. It makes sense for company car drivers as it has the essential items on there for people who use the car for work purposes.

Normally these models come at a saving of about £500 but this one is more substantial than that which makes it smart. I'm enjoying the car though and I have a 600 mile round trip due next week which I am oddly looking forward to as this will be my first big run out in it since I picked it up. It is also my first chance to really test the mpg over a long run so that will be interesting.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 14:24   #5
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

to me that says the S60 isn't selling - it's perilously close to the V40 in pricing.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 15:35   #6
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
to me that says the S60 isn't selling - it's perilously close to the V40 in pricing.
the v40 though is brand new...and priced a smidgen above its rivals
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 16:03   #7
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Think its mainly that the S60 is in a hugely competitive segment and they needed to do this to give a lower entry/P11D price to be able to compete properly with the likes of Audi/BMW.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 17:47   #8
V60 Drive

Mines on an 18 month lease, so not a big issue to me either, but frustrating as I would have gone for the new business model over the R-Design I have. At list price the R-Design D2 is now £5750 more. That's a lot more money for bigger wheels, few cosmetic changes, uncomfortably hard ride, no sat nav, no parking sensors........

I'm guessing the discounts offered will be different on each model going forward
V60 Drive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business edition, s60