Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What you think of the changes new model??

Views : 1355

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 04:25   #1
Sneaky

Default What you think of the changes new model??

Here are some good pictures : http://www.autoweek.nl/forum/read.php?4,2025941

Thoughts?
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 14:41   #2
Jonathan_angelo
Jono

To be honest with you i cant see that they've made that much of an improvement. To the untrained eye, it would appear exactly the same as the previous model.

I do think they could have bothered designing some nicer alloys as the current ones are not all that much to write home about!

As for that aweful wood inside the cabin, what are they thinking? It looks bloody aweful, and so out of place!!

I have seen somewhere in here i believe, pictures of the XC90 V8, which is red, i dont know if it is a special edition Ferrari model, but had a Ferrari badge on the side and flaired wheel arches - this looked how it should have been released standard - sexy!!!

Jono
Jonathan_angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 18:33   #3
abriachan

What changes?

Volvo are way behind the competition, particularly with the outdated screen for radio/cd/phone?

I assume we still do not have an minidisc, what's that about when hard drive is the least clutter option.

Is there any MP3 player link (jukebox), bluetooth phone link or is it still the sim insert?

Compared to the X5, Q7, RR Sport and VW Toureg spec the XC90 seems miles behind. I thought they would have taken the opportunity to catch up this time???

The edge the XC90 had was 7 seats and looks IMO but given the price of the Lux how can they justify this when you see the kit on the Q7 and with the X5 going for 7 seats the edge is going?? What do you think?
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 21:22   #4
bircham

I am about to order a D5SE manual in silver with camulus alloys and sapeli wood with (probably) calcite leather and either off black or quart interior - or maybe soft beige with sandstone - not sure yet and privacy glass.
However, I agree that the 2007 model year changes are very minor (except perhaps for bhp upping on D5) and that the new Q7 has the edge now on technology. It is significantly more expensive though and is an acquired taste styling wise and is pretty big.
The new XC comes with an mp3 input in the cupholders betweeen the front seats but apart from that there appears to be no real development of the car. It may be that I will pop down to my local Audi dealer and have a look at the Q7 just to be certain that the XC is the right choice.

I wonder if these changes are a precursor to another larger changer shortly or whether they will let the car soldier on as is.

Jon
bircham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 16:21   #5
perussell

I had an extensive exchange of opinions about this on another site but I think the changes are part of a smoke screen to hide the REMOVAL of some bits of kit. For example, it seems the new Executive model lacks the central fridge, DVD rear seat player, some wood trim around the CD player and spare wheel that all came as standard on my 04 model. The changes seem more superficial than anything else, more about style than function.
The changes don't harm the styling of the car but check the spec before you buy.
And why do we suddenly need an SE Lux model?
perussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 20:39   #6
bircham

perussell I totally agree about your thoughts on the new se lux trim.
Why?!?!
I can see the sense in a 'base' model (although it is still nicely equipped), a 'standard' car with all the toys most people would want and then a 'range topper' that comes with some probably completely irrelevant but very nice 'boys toys' but the se lux is neither a good mid-range or a range-topper. I can't see anything that it offers that the se doesn't that is really anything other than an se plus option.
Oh well, I'll just have to put up with my simple SE spec car when it arrives in 8 weeks time!

Jon
bircham is offline   Reply With Quote