Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

7 Digit Post Code & Always shows North

Views : 1180

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:42   #1
Tryagainbiggles

Default 7 Digit Post Code & Always shows North

Hi All
Just taken delivery of V70 D4, my belief was that this car had sat nav with 7 digit postcode facility, this doesn't appear to be the case. In addition the Sat Nav always shows you North, so you are often "driving" against the direction that the blue triangle is travelling. This is far too confusing and dangerous.

Have I missed something?, have had the car 24hrs so haven't fully digested all the manuals.

Any help/confirmation would be greatly appreciated

TAB
Tryagainbiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:12   #2
JARR

I have no problem with 7 digit post codes.
Maps can show north or direction of travel.

I took quite a while to realise all the options.
JARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:31   #3
Tryagainbiggles

Default Much Appreciated

Hi Jarr
Will spend some time with the manual!

Many Thanks
TAB
Tryagainbiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 17:54   #4
bosartis12

Just received XC70 2012 model - and been trawling through the manuals as you do - or should do ;-)

The north or direction of travel options are listed in the map menu - simply tick which option you require.

However I note the map detai.l if just on "map" without any route entered - is VERY basic, rather poor and with little if any detail. It also manages to scale to 1/32 mile which is peculiar.

According to the manual once you enter a route request the appears to be shown map with much greater detail and measures down to 100 yds etc.
Seems very odd and why if used simply as a reminder map when driving with no route entered - the map is very poor.

Is this the same with you guys?
bosartis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 19:35   #5
Loubull

I also have a new V70 and am thrilled with it except for the 7 digit postcode option!

I did find it once but can't remember where or find it again. I have searched the manuals but no luck!

Please could you let me know where I can find this on the sat nav menu system? Thank you
Loubull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 19:46   #6
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubull View Post
I also have a new V70 and am thrilled with it except for the 7 digit postcode option!

I did find it once but can't remember where or find it again. I have searched the manuals but no luck!

Please could you let me know where I can find this on the sat nav menu system? Thank you
It's hidden away at the bottom of the 'navigate to' section - you have to scroll past all of the other options as it is the one option that drops off the bottom of the screen.
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote