Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

spec query

Views : 642

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 00:19   #1
R33 fan

Default spec query

Hi there, I've owned my v40 for about 4 months now and have a question...what kind of spec do I have? It's a 2001 2.0 v40i with beige leather and interior with mahogany trim, heated seats and mirrors, integrated children's booster seats and a cd and cassette player. Not seen one in this spec before and was wondering if they were optional extras? I may be using this forum a bit as I have some work to do, starting with some new rear coil springs that are on their way. Thanks in advance!
R33 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:51   #2
puntodan
Master Member

Not sure what the spec is, mine has CD on the v5, might be worth looking there? The rear booster seats are an option and not that common. I broke a v40 with the rear booster seats and there now in my s40 and very handy!

Dan
puntodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:12   #3
R33 fan

Those booster seats are great. My 3 year old loves them. I think my v5 said 'i', I shall check again.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:14   #4
AdamIngs

Sounds like SE, no?

Someone recently posted a 'spec sheet' or something - which showed all the optional extras - so I guess that all the extras were available for all models?

Mine has beige leather interior, heated front seats, CD Player, cruise control, AC, rear booster seats...and on my V5 it's an SE. No heated mirrors though (at least that I can find...!
AdamIngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:18   #5
AdamIngs

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164434
AdamIngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 20:02   #6
Bluegasoline

I've been trying to work out what spec mine is too. I have a 2001 V40 2.0i (according to the logbook), but seems to have too high a spec to be the basic model.

I've got black leather interior, walnut trim, cruise control, heated front seats, lit vanity mirrors, info centre, CD cassette, heated side mirrors, air con, electric sunroof..

Surely they weren't added by original owner as optional extras on the basic version? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy an upgraded spec car in the first place?
Bluegasoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 23:41   #7
R33 fan

Mine sounds like yours except I don't have a sunroof! My log book says it's an 'i' too. Not sure what that means but it seems pretty high spec, cruise control, climate control, AC, lit vanity mirrors but then it has plastic door handles. Mine has15" stellar wheels on it too which aren't the standard according to the brochure.

Last edited by R33 fan; Oct 31st, 2012 at 23:50.
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 13:38   #8
dcw
VOC Member

Coming up with an exact spec for these cars can be difficult, because Volvo's bright idea was that there would only be a couple of "set versions", but then you would add various packs and options to get the car to the precise specification you wanted - then it was built for you.

Hence there are so many different variations and conbinations around.

As far as I know for a 2001 model, from the brochures and from memory, if it is an SE it should have leather upholstery, info centre and electronic climate control (ie not just manual air conditioning).

With the leather and mahogany trim yours does sound rather as if it is an SE...

The heated seats were an option - either on their own or as part of a "winter pack", in which case you should have headlamp wash-wipe and fitted carpet mats as well.

Same idea with the integrated child seats - they were an option too, and could be added on their own or as part of a "family pack", in which case you should have electronic child locks on the back doors operated by a switch the opposite side to the switch for reducing the interior alarm sensors.

As for the wheels, I had a 2001 SE and it should, by the brochure, have had "vogon" wheels, but instead it had "spectra", which were a number of no-cost different option available. Like yours, it just had the plastic door handles - I think chrome ones came in later in 2001.

So, no definitive answer for you, but perhaps that helps a little?

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 13:40   #9
dcw
VOC Member

Oh, and by the way, AdamIngs, the heated mirrors work with the heated rear window, all off the same switch, despite the fact it does not have a symbol for them. There is no separate switch for the mirrors...

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote