Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help! 99 V40 bits needed!

Views : 813

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 00:31   #1
TheCaretaker
Hagrid

Red face Help! 99 V40 bits needed!

Hi all you wonderful people out there, due to an imminent MOT i am desperately in need of a couple of bits
anyhoo, if anyone can help here's my shopping list!

Pair of 4pin headlights (thought i might as well upgrade!)
pair of front side marker lights(just discovered both blown,and appear to have been held in to the bumper with bluetac!)

im also in need of rear discs n pads,and front shock top bearings,any recommendations?

cheers guys!
TheCaretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 01:17   #2
gatos
Premier Member

Side marker lights are not part of the MOT test, hence you can't be failed on them

Have a pair of twin headlights with either standard chrome bezels or Sport black ones.

Also if others can correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can fail on front top mounts. You should still change them though when you get a chance and ideally with volvo originalas, as they will last longer. I have a set of complete struts from a 1998 T4 if you need a set urgently though.

I line near Barking IG11 which is 20 miles away from you...

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:51   #3
TheCaretaker
Hagrid

Hi Gatos,yeah i know the side lights wont fail but i thought while im at the front end i might as well tidy up a bit!
Trouble is i think i'm becoming addicted, got a few ideas for prettying her up.

Thats great! what are you looking for for the headlights?
would love to put dibs on the black sport ones,should be able to pickup late next week? or at the weekend.

1999 v40 1.9TD 'Slinky'
330 met brown
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:53   #4
TheCaretaker
Hagrid

BTW whats yr opinion on mintex brakes? i can get a set of rear mintex discs n pads for £40?

1999 v40 1.9TD 'Slinky'
330 met brown
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:41   #5
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaretaker View Post
Hi Gatos,yeah i know the side lights wont fail but i thought while im at the front end i might as well tidy up a bit!
Trouble is i think i'm becoming addicted, got a few ideas for prettying her up.

Thats great! what are you looking for for the headlights?
would love to put dibs on the black sport ones,should be able to pickup late next week? or at the weekend.
I am after £50 for the chrome bezelled ones or £65 for the sport black ones. I will be in at home all day on Thursday or anytime in the weekend. You can check the bits on my car and get some ideas too. I will also try to find out if Jabe (another member local to me) has any spare side marker lights

Quote:
BTW whats yr opinion on mintex brakes? i can get a set of rear mintex discs n pads for £40?
A lot of people here use the Mintex discs and pads and all reckon they are happy with them. I currently have Brembo discs with Ferodo pads on my 1.9D and Volvo originals on the T4, both of which are great.

Nullius in Verba
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 13:08   #6
TheCaretaker
Hagrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
I am after £50 for the chrome bezelled ones or £65 for the sport black ones. I will be in at home all day on Thursday or anytime in the weekend. You can check the bits on my car and get some ideas too. I will also try to find out if Jabe (another member local to me) has any spare side marker lights

A lot of people here use the Mintex discs and pads and all reckon they are happy with them. I currently have Brembo discs with Ferodo pads on my 1.9D and Volvo originals on the T4, both of which are great.

Fantastic! lol i'll have the sport black ones please!.The weekend would be best if thats ok? if u can pm me your address at some point saturday is looking the best?
thanks Gatos

1999 v40 1.9TD 'Slinky'
330 met brown
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 13:11   #7
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Fantastic! lol i'll have the sport black ones please!.The weekend would be best if thats ok? if u can pm me your address at some point saturday is looking the best?
thanks Gatos
PM on it's way

Nullius in Verba