Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Adding IPod/IPhone connectivity

Views : 489

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 00:39   #1
Curly girl
Proud New V70 owner

Talking Adding IPod/IPhone connectivity

Hello All

I'm sure someone has probably covered this but though it would be worth adding my limited experience

I bought Ruby, a 1998 V70 auto estate CD in July 2012. I knew as she was an older car that the stereo wouldn't have iPod connectivity. And In fact the factory stereo doesn't even have an AUX button. I do however have a brilliant set of speakers, a decent radio, CD player and tape deck which I have lived with for 6 months. However I wanted to use my iPhone as that's where I store all my music and rather than having to make CDs constantly I decided to look into this.

I have bought a CONNECTS2 box which plugs into the back of the factory fitted stereo, a simple fit and with a small hole made into the side wall of the glove box to feed the connector for my iPhone through. I now have iPod/iPhone use with an fm modulated stereo as mine is obviously there is no aux button to switch over to iPhone music, however I scanned the 88fm band and found my iPhone plays through 88.9fm so have simply saved that to one of my preset radio channels. It sounds amazing.

So for all of you music lovers like me there is a simple way to add to the existing stereo.

Ps the Volvo stereo is amazing for a standard fitted sound system. I am very impressed with the quality.

Jo
Curly girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:25   #2
warninglight
VOC Member

I've only used cheap FM transmitters in the past, admittedly in cheap cars, and never found them amazing. Yours sounds like it's a better job entirely!

In my S70 I did the 'tape mod' which is listed on here somewhere, cost me about 99p for the cable and really did sound like CD quality.

Past: 1997 S70 TDi, 1997 C70 T5 GT, 2003 V70 Bi-Fuel, 2000 Ph2 V70 2.5D, 1997 V70R Auto FWD, 1998 V70R Manual AWD, 2004 XC90 D5 G/T, 2005 S60 D5
warninglight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to warninglight For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:18   #3
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warninglight View Post
I've only used cheap FM transmitters in the past, admittedly in cheap cars, and never found them amazing. Yours sounds like it's a better job entirely!

In my S70 I did the 'tape mod' which is listed on here somewhere, cost me about 99p for the cable and really did sound like CD quality.
Here it is......
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:30   #4
Curly girl
Proud New V70 owner

Sounds good I suppose there will be a few ways to achieve this but as long as it sounds good then its personal choice. I liked just plugging this connects2 box in and not having to unscrew things, but for the more technically minded and adventurous of you out there the tape modification sounds brilliant. Thanks for adding

Jo x
Curly girl is offline   Reply With Quote