Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Exorbitant Tyre sealant!!

Views : 3330

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 13:44   #21
Winchy

Unhappy

Have a 2011 S60. Had a sidewall blow out and after checking my shreddies realised the foam was totally useless. Quote for a space saver wheel with tyre fitted!!! plus a road side jack and the shaped foam boot mounting thing (the whole lot comes as an option pack).... to you sir a reasonable £406.
Winchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 22:32   #22
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Plenty of scrap yards about with wheels, jacks and braces.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 22:51   #23
Thanatos
VOC Member

I have goo in the tyres and a full size spare wheel but I did get caught out once when the company car only had goo and no spare the rac would only tow me of the mway and no further. Due to being in there t&c that they will only do anything if you have a spare.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 23:58   #24
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite View Post
Plenty of scrap yards about with wheels, jacks and braces.
The trouble with these wheels is finding 1 that will fit.I have been looking for a spacesaver for my V70 D5 2012 but they are all pre phase 3 models that don't fit the phase 3.The volvo garage also say that V60 ,S60 ,wheels won't fit the V70 either.Mine are 17" wheels .This fitment thing is a nightmare to sort out.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagan8c For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 21:52   #25
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
I have goo in the tyres and a full size spare wheel but I did get caught out once when the company car only had goo and no spare the rac would only tow me of the mway and no further. Due to being in there t&c that they will only do anything if you have a spare.
If the car comes as standard with no spare then they will (should) provide you with the full level of cover you are entitled to.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 22:44   #26
Andy Northface
Where's that 18mm socket?

I saw a new Fiesta the other day with a puncture. The bloke called the RAC and he arrived in his Transit,removed the wheel and then drove off to a tyre centre to get it fixed or replaced and then drove back and re-fitted it. I don't see this as very environmentally friendly.
Andy Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy Northface For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 15:09   #27
Longlife Jason

I know it's been a while since I started this thread but just thought i'd come back and say that I called Yeovil Volvo today and spoke to them regarding the Space Saver. For my 61 Plate S60 the price including the tyre is indeed £60.50+VAT. You will also need a jack which they tell me is vehicle specific and is about £62+ VAT. Now that's quite a lot but still a hell of a lot cheaper than some previous models of Volvo.
Longlife Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 16:48   #28
D5driver
No Spam here

For anyone wanting a spare for a Volvo S60 S80 V70 2000-2006

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-Steel-S...item19d9553a32

One things for sure. No matter how bad something may be, it will have been much much worse and with lots more drama for the spammer
D5driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 13:57   #29
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longlife Jason View Post
I know it's been a while since I started this thread but just thought i'd come back and say that I called Yeovil Volvo today and spoke to them regarding the Space Saver. For my 61 Plate S60 the price including the tyre is indeed £60.50+VAT. You will also need a jack which they tell me is vehicle specific and is about £62+ VAT. Now that's quite a lot but still a hell of a lot cheaper than some previous models of Volvo.
If you dont mind a bit of extra weight and space being taken buy a trolley jack for £15-20, they are a lot safer than car jacks.