Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc60 Lead times

Views : 11387

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2013, 18:15   #101
euanxc60

for the sake of 1 months tax and ~ £10, I'll prob justget it taxed on the 30th. Suits me work-wise to collect on the Monday rather than the Tuesday
euanxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 18:21   #102
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja59 View Post

Don't forget of course the tax disc will be sent to the registered keeper as dealerships no longer hold tax discs....
Why did they do this, why did they change it Ninja?
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 19:11   #103
S60Chris
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Why did they do this, why did they change it Ninja?
That was news to me too when we picked up ours. You get an exemption disc in the window that has the date of registration written on and gives 14 days exemption. Our tax disc arrived about 3-4 days later. Saves the dealership from having to take a trip out to the post office I guess - seems a much more sensible idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to S60Chris For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 19:16   #104
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
Saves the dealership from having to take a trip out to the post office I guess - seems a much more sensible idea.
Good point. I suppose it takes the work away from the dealer. Anyway they might as well send the disc to the keeper rather than the dealer.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2013, 19:26   #105
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
That was news to me too when we picked up ours. You get an exemption disc in the window that has the date of registration written on and gives 14 days exemption. Our tax disc arrived about 3-4 days later. Saves the dealership from having to take a trip out to the post office I guess - seems a much more sensible idea.
No it is actually nothing to do with that it however is everything to do with the DVLA "modernising" and by that I mean closing all the DVLA local offices many of the things you need to do have been sent back to Swansea for example private registration transfers and applications all now go through Swansea not the local offices and some have already closed. Taxing of a new vehicle has also been brought under this scheme as well.

From my point of view it is a stupid idea I loved using the local Chester office I got my car in March just in time.

Note just for clarity to it is 14 consecutive calendar days like the "normal" provision for any renewal of tax by phone or online (having changed from 7 working days with the changes to them using second class and you actually have less days under the new time period public holidays reduce it even more you could end up with 5 working days overall).

Last edited by Ninja59; Sep 19th, 2013 at 19:28.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 00:43   #106
watchboy

Brief update

Car delivered to dealer on Saturday and in the process of being registered, taxed and PDI'd towards the end of the week... very bored of waiting now :-(

Hopefully will have a firm date for delivery in the next few days.

Strangely, the car was ordered via Lex but then via a broker??? So trying to get direct dealer contact seems almost impossible. It would appear that the new tax and registration process hasn't helped along with delivery on Saturday as opposed to Friday.

Just hope they pull their blooming finger out now

Paul

Last edited by watchboy; Sep 25th, 2013 at 00:51.
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 06:32   #107
baconrasher
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchboy View Post
Brief update

Car delivered to dealer on Saturday and in the process of being registered, taxed and PDI'd towards the end of the week... very bored of waiting now :-(

Hopefully will have a firm date for delivery in the next few days.

Strangely, the car was ordered via Lex but then via a broker??? So trying to get direct dealer contact seems almost impossible. It would appear that the new tax and registration process hasn't helped along with delivery on Saturday as opposed to Friday.

Just hope they pull their blooming finger out now

Paul
I think the new registration process is online. Picked the car up last Thursday, tax disc arrived Monday and V5 on the Tuesday. All I get from the dealer was a slip of paper from the DVLA to say that tax should arrive in 14 days.
baconrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 10:46   #108
Sparksy

Default Longer wait

Just had a message from Lex saying 2 weeks delay on my XC60 RDesign Lux Nav D5 due to problems with parts availability. Now coming 21st October.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..................
Sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 09:48   #109
Mjj83

D4 R Design Nav Auto in Passion Red turned up on 27 Sept, ordered on 20 May, having read this forum thinking I've been pretty lucky with timing! Ordered through DTD, they now have the new 181bhp D4 on their site but with much lower discounts, my version is now £2.5k more expensive.
Mjj83 is offline   Reply With Quote