Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Been given a caravan ..

Views : 2396

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 30th, 2013, 20:23   #11
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

stick a picture up of the taps.
mike
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 20:24   #12
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
If you know what type of tap (eg Whale) then ebay will be cheap. If not, take nice pictures of taps and go to caravan dealership where they will probably be rude, unhelpful, and expensive.
Gosh we are A Victor Meldrew tonight.
mike
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:06   #13
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
stick a picture up of the taps.
mike
Sorry its taken me so long to upload, spend most of my time in Devon.

Here they are..

Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 18:12   #14
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post
Sorry its taken me so long to upload, spend most of my time in Devon.

Here they are..

Yes from memory they have micro switches underneath you may even be able to take them out and clean up the contacts. Best of luck.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 15:52   #15
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Whale

I'm pretty sure that that is a Whale Elegance tap. About £45 new, about £30 from a breaker, 2-pin microswitch replacements about £4. Go to ebay and search for "Whale Tap".

The hard part (sometimes) is getting at the water pipe connection behind the sink.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 08:04   #16
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
I'm pretty sure that that is a Whale Elegance tap. About £45 new, about £30 from a breaker, 2-pin microswitch replacements about £4. Go to ebay and search for "Whale Tap".

The hard part (sometimes) is getting at the water pipe connection behind the sink.
Thanks for the info, deffinately looks like a Whale Elegance tap.

Would the micro switch in the shower be the same as the one in the sink tap? Suppose I could remove them a have a look later?

Did plan to try and repair the micro switches but found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281144552023 so at that price I think I'll just replace them ...
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 13:10   #17
micky1uk
XC90 SE D5 185 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post
I've been given an old 1995 Elddis Hurricane XLi. A friend of a friend said as long as I move it NOW I could have it.

It was his mothers but she died over a year ago so it had been standing on his drive for about 16 months. Due to having a new drive layed he needed the caravan gone so had it for sale for a few days. Someone sent him a £50 deposit via PayPal but never turned up and failed to answer his calls, texts and emails. The builders were coming Monday morning so it had to be gone Sunday at the latest. Thats where I come in to the story. My friend calls me and said will you tow this caravan off his friends drive, you can have it if you do. I thought it would be scrap so turned up expecting to tow it home and scrap it Monday morning. Its a lovely old thing, everything works except the bathroom taps which is the reason I started this thread.

The kitchen taps work, turn them on, pump fires up and water comes out.
But that doesn't happen to the bathroom taps(sink & shower). If I turn the kitchen taps on then the bathroom taps work too but if I turn the kitchen taps off the bathrom taps stop too. Its as though the bathroom taps have no sensor to make the pump come on.

Anyone know whats wrong ?
Hi I have A vanroyce now this has a pressure switch system built in the onboard pump with onboard 75 lt tank & the piping is just the same as the piping you would have with micro switched taps the pressure switch is set to 11psi max the only thing is pressure switches lend there selves more to onboard tanks with water level gauges so you can keep a check on levels as external water barrels & pumps run dry unnoticed & your pressurised system will be running your pump calling for water pressure until refilled if you can't get hold of the parts you want try jacksons of old arley they do mail order too hope this helps regards mick
micky1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to micky1uk For This Useful Post: