Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Free set of leather seats

Views : 2295

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2014, 16:08   #21
dannyboy101

One thing is for sure squirrell, its not a photography business.
dannyboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyboy101 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 17:45   #22
Jimcoted

Seats came fully wrapped in black stretch film to protect them. They remained in the film until tossed into the skip. I was giving them away free of charge and therefore was not prepared to unwrap the set , arrange them and then take photographs. If I were listing them on Ebay to sell I would have taken the trouble to do all of this but I wasn't, they were for FREE. If you want to see pictures, be given cups of tea and have people help you to load them then go to Ebay and pay for V70 seats if you can find any in the condition these were in. That is the difference between paying for something and getting something for nothing.
Jimcoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 17:51   #23
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

People like to see what they are travelling 100 miles each way for before they set out.

You can't justify your actions. Expecting people to take your old cast offs without even a couple of days till the weekend when they are able to do it.
I refer to my first post on the subject.
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 21:33   #24
AndyPants
VOC Member

Asking for a photo or two to confirm the colour of the seats.. how terrible!!! Good job you didn't go to all the effort of peeling back a corner on one of the seats and taking a quick photo so people could confirm they were right colour seats or anything for their car.

If you'd been slower of the mark calling people prats then someone might have even given you some beer tokens for your trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy101 View Post
One thing is for sure squirrell, its not a photography business.
Public relations?
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 21:42   #25
cherry1809
Middle aged Member

Wow, 3 pages of nothing to see.
I've also got what sounds like the same seats for sale... Pics in car thread.
cherry1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2014, 22:15   #26
byootox
Premier Member

HA HA I looked for ages for a set of elec seats too and paid £100 quid on here for them which i thought was very reasonable.
But to be fair they do take up a lot of space if lying about your garden hut or spare bedroom etc
I recently gave a set of bog basic fabric/cloth ones away for nothing and the chap that came was fitting them into a kit car.
Point being usually always a taker when freebies on offer especially those elec seats as not that common if in good condition.
I offered on here for free too but no takers but within mins on Gumtree phone rang of the hook lol.
I can see both sides of the argument to be fair, as when posting a pic up here you have to compress it before it will allow it and this was a pain for me.
However even if the seats were wrong they could have been taken and sold on with someone with the space and/or time to mess about a bit more.

Last edited by byootox; Nov 13th, 2014 at 22:19.
byootox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 05:34   #27
ra96099

Well, I'm in the selling business and you wouldn't believe the things certain people ask me before buying. Also about things that are on sale that I am fully/nearly giving away just to attract people to the store. I can see why one wouldn't want to take pictures since giving away nice seats at a forum isn't exactly business, just an act of good will, it should be a pleasure for both parties, just a description is sometimes enough.

I am handicapped (and trying to stay out of a wheelchair so everybody assumes I am drunk) therefore it is insanely hard for me to make what I make, thank you very much for throwing those seats away.
ra96099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 11:43   #28
Dirty Rooster
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
I was giving them away free of charge
Thing is ... no, you weren't.
You pretended to offer them, then began jumping up and down shouting at everyone.
Nobody had even the slightest chance of fulfilling your expectations of instant obseqious collection, ergo : great popcorn thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Rooster For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 18:38   #29
SpreeLED

I could have held onto these for somebody as I'm in west london and have a garage...shame.
SpreeLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2014, 10:14   #30
DevonMarc
Chuckles

What a lovely chap!
DevonMarc is offline   Reply With Quote