Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver's rear brake sticking

Views : 2026

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 6th, 2015, 15:04   #11
kieran40
I've Been Banned

It's not that bad BM lol my ex partner is polish yep she's more catholic than me I'm more agnostic, get a polish girl who lives and works in England and you won't go wrong lol. But be aware they drink like mad work hard and play hard the Eastern Europeans especially the pols. We are very lazy people compared. It's one of the reasons we don't live together because I'm laid back well I'm British, plus she wants too get married because we share a child but marriage not for me not at the moment lol.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 15:21   #12
happy diver
Active Member Moment

The poles have been stifled for too long and if they could forget the last century
and stop passing to their children a continuing stupidity like every other dumb
culture they may have a chance in the next.

despite Catholicism, and not having nor will ever buy a retraction tool to use once

20,000 leagues under the sea diving to adventure
in a silent world with my ceiling the waves...Emile

Last edited by happy diver; Feb 6th, 2015 at 15:27. Reason: not enough time for wanking and posting together
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to happy diver For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 15:28   #13
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy diver View Post
The poles have been stifled for too long and if they could forget the last century
and stop passing to their children a continuing stupidity like every other dumb
culture they may have a chance in the next.
It's why they like it here happy diver it's a more easy laid back life in Poland it's just constant work you never sit down always something to do like chop wood hunt especially in the rural area's and don't forget it's cold and dark grey it's very depressing in the winter it's just bleak snow and freezing temperatures. It's why they like a drink even some of their lager's knock you for 6 lol. Life in Britain is very chilled out compared. My ex didn't grow up with a TV etc just a radio. The cold is like cold youre lungs feel like they are going too burst. 10 x worse than the cold we have in blighty. You don't have the variety of food either that you have in Britain we just about have everything and everything all the different cultures who have settled here. Although nothing beats traditional British food like a nice cottage pie or a roast dinner.

Let's make happy divers mouth water lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UuxrPK8KhMc roast dinner
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kcp4chfFJw full English breakfast nice but only advisable too eat if youre a athlete or a builder who is going too burn off all the calories, for us mere mortals once a week treat lol, you can eat it everyday if you want clogged artery's or a heart attack lol.

Last edited by kieran40; Feb 6th, 2015 at 15:53.
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 09:18   #14
morrismen

Visited Gatos yesterday and we checked the rear brakes. AlexV40 joined us later on too! The drivers side caliper piston was sticking, not seized but was definitely more difficult to wind in and out. After a few times doing this it freed up and was working again - sticky rubber surround and dirt build up freed off. The brakes are much sharper now and the peddle travel is where its expected to be with no solidness anymore.

Great Thanks to Gatos and AlexV40 for his help. We also did some brake bleeding on his V40 AND we had some great BBQ food afterwards
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 11:48   #15
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrismen View Post
Visited Gatos yesterday and we checked the rear brakes. AlexV40 joined us later on too! The drivers side caliper piston was sticking, not seized but was definitely more difficult to wind in and out. After a few times doing this it freed up and was working again - sticky rubber surround and dirt build up freed off. The brakes are much sharper now and the peddle travel is where its expected to be with no solidness anymore.

Great Thanks to Gatos and AlexV40 for his help. We also did some brake bleeding on his V40 AND we had some great BBQ food afterwards

Good old gatos we'd be lost without the big friendly ginger cat sounds like you had a good time aswell as fixing the car my kind of day. I need too get up to see him at some stage things have been mad here. I've been chilling out on the cb ciggerate and cb a bit of macdonalds on top of gallows gate.
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 20:46   #16
morrismen

Yeah, we had a good time as always. It was good to meet up with AlexV40 too. Although it was freezing for a BBQ though lol - Gatos cooked enough food for a week!
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 23:25   #17
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Yeah, we had a good time as always. It was good to meet up with AlexV40 too. Although it was freezing for a BBQ though lol - Gatos cooked enough food for a week!
Lol never too cold for a BBQ
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 19:07   #18
morrismen

MOT passed! No faults found. Another year of motoring for the wife and me
Old Mar 14th, 2015, 00:49   #19
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
MOT passed! No faults found. Another year of motoring for the wife and me
Well done mate