Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

connecting different radio

Views : 2348

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 18:39   #21
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMachina View Post
Breaker Breaker One Nine

CB is definitely possible. As you can see from my first post in this thread I've managed to bring out a 12v power feed just under the radio, exactly where you would need it. A lot of CBs would fit inside a standard single-DIN cubby

Keep being tempted to get my old CB set out of retirement

Rubber Duck over and out
On the slide lol
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 18:46   #22
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Yeah I still find them fun havent had one in my car for years now,I've got a handheld that I can take up to dartmoor you would be amazed at how far you can broadcast,a lot of the 4x4 lads still use them and truckers some good convo's at night lol.and much more fun than mobile phones .ive got the rig to go in the car I just need to buy a new style whip and I'm good to go.everyone had one in their cars in the late 70's and during the 80s.the previous owner had some device in my car beforehand ex machine because there are 4 screw holes in the side of the dash in the drivers footwell and they have very kindly left a live positive feed from the battery complete with fuse that dissapear's into the cabin somewhere I haven't really ever looked to see where it goes,I've left it,I'm guessing from a hands free kit or something similar.

Last edited by kieran40; Feb 13th, 2014 at 19:03.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 02:37   #23
Bigspeed2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrocks View Post
Just to give you a heads up, if you have the added amp you will need more than the standard cables, so its about £20-30 for all the parts. (just did my S40 and standard cables wont produce sound to the rear 4 speakers).

I too recommend a gen single din cubby hole, as i got a aftermarket one, and it sucks.. So in the process of getting a gen Volvo one.

GL

If you need any help, just ask, it took me about 5 mins to do it all, and doesn't require any tools (mine was a JVC unit).

these are the bits i got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S40-...item25759122ca

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-71-4-V...item25682dace6

(these next two are if you have the added amp system, you may not need this, check if you have a 6 pin plug going into your current unit)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1809276618...84.m1439.l2649

my unit only had 2 RCA inputs, so i needed 2 splitters to fit the 4 inputs in (you may not need this one, check the back of your aftermarket unit)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608194674...84.m1439.l2649
bugger me i was never able to find a cable to allow me to use the volvo amp. i ripped it out and ran wires direct to the speakers worked well for me lol.
Bigspeed2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2015, 17:32   #24
elkopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpywurzel View Post
Right back home now, this is what I fitted to my V40.

If you find the stereo you want there are ways and means around it, either the single/double din slots. Double slotted Stereo's tend to be a bit pricey for a like for like single slot unit.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/attach...6&d=1388064973
hey,

i kinda left the project for a while but now im back and what you mounted there in your attachment is exactly what i want. i have v40 2002 02 plate.

what kinda stuff do i need to buy? i have an amp at the back as well (original one). does this pioneer radio fits no problem?

thanks
elkopi is offline   Reply With Quote