Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DRL bulb wattage

Views : 1233

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 10:56   #11
PETE S40
Tight arse Yorkshireman

Has any one removed these from their car?

Thinking of having mine smoothed over anyone got any pics?
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 14:04   #12
mrfixer

Get some clear bulbs and purchase some Tamiya Color acrylic clear orange paint works a treat
I used this for MOT time on my turn signal bulbs if they start to show white its a fail only a few pounds on flebay
The Following User Says Thank You to mrfixer For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 17:50   #13
Spetsnaz GSh
Master Member

Just like to add that even from the Volvo dealerships, the amber bulbs are 5W NOT 3W.

The back of the bulb holder says W3W on the orange side markers but the clear set I got had W5W on the bulb holder so there is deffo no problem there.

My thoughts regarding overheating are simple, I think the darker orange plastics absorb more of the heat or rather allow less to escape hence the overheating (I noticed mine were getting hot when I put in a W5W bulb straight away). In my opinion, the W5W was too bright anyway in the orange.

On the Clear however, I have experienced no overheating. Although one thing I have noticed is as the car gets dirty, a black soot almost builds up on the centre of the clear lens.

Also, regading the above debate. I think cars should more or less be left how they came out the factory - they came that way for a reason. However, that is just my opinion and people are entirely able to do WHATEVER they want to their own cars without other people's intervening hands.

If you wanted to put a lego block effect wrap or carbon effect wrap around a T4, I would cringe until the end of the world - but you paid for it and if it makes you smile and happy then good for you!!! =)

cheers everyone

James.

2003 Volvo S40 T4 Sport
Anthracite Arcadias - OEM Strut Brace - Full 3" Exhaust System & 200 Cell Cat - Ashok's Custom Remap (1.35bar) - Earl's Performance Turbo Oil Feed - Ph1 Air Deflection Trims - Business Pack - Winter Pack - HID Xenon Headlamps
Closed Thread