Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

roof bars for an 850 saloon

Views : 683

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2015, 16:00   #1
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Default roof bars for an 850 saloon

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what they are anyway... can anyone confirm?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/KBiwL

They do look a LOT like this:
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/10060...-850-s70-sedan

I can't see a part number anywhere, apart from the code underneath the end caps, and you can't see it on the photos, but it's a 7 digit number, something like 853 0345 or something? I wrote it down last night but forgot to bring the paper with me to work

They've been sat in the cupboard for 3 years since I bought them, so I'll accept any reasonable offer for them just to get rid.

Apparently they were £90 new, I paid £25+P&P, and never used them (seller made an honest mistake -- sold as V40 bars). They're in great condition, no rust inside the end caps, rubber is intact all over, there's just a couple of small line marks where I guess a roof rack/box has been sat on the rubber.

Note that they are transverse bars, and the lengths hole-to-hole (again from memory so may not be exact) are F: 1085mm and R: 985mm and the rubber feet on the front bar is sloped down a bit. All the fixings are included, and a random key, although I can't think what the key might be for as there's no lock?

No idea what other models they might fit, but the link above implies they will also fit the S70.

If no quick takers on here, then I'll put them on eBay and see how it goes. Need to shift them before I move house.

I reckon postage will be around a tenner as they are big, but I can also deliver them for free, as I do travel up and down the M6/M40/M1 quite a lot.

Last edited by baldmosher; Apr 10th, 2015 at 16:03.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2015, 17:03   #2
Blue 8
Premier Member

I also have a set of these, I've been told there quite rare so I've never sold them, might come in handy one day

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue 8 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2015, 18:42   #3
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

That's good to know -- but I'd need to buy an 850 first

I do think if/when I get around to hunting down a nice 850R (I missed the last one for £1200, as timing was bad, still feel a bit gutted about that) I would never want to put roof bars on it anyway......
Old Apr 19th, 2015, 00:40   #4
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

They're on eBay, priced £40 BIN but I'm open to offers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=281666464694
Old Apr 26th, 2015, 19:37   #5
lixah
Master Member

hi, any idea if they will fit my pre facelift 850 saloon? i imagine it's all the same as the post facelift models, but worth checking.
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2015, 23:06   #6
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Aye, should do, unless they changed the roof mounting points? See the link I posted to the spares place, it's got the years on it

Measure the distance between the points on your car, and I'll confirm if it's the same on the bars, but it should be