Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cleaning D5 turbo - whats needed for refitting?

Views : 1034

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2015, 15:04   #1
b1gdeano

Default Cleaning D5 turbo - whats needed for refitting?

Ok,

So in order to aid with repairing the ECM-6805 error I am getting (detailed in a thread in the S60 forum) I am planning on removing the turbo and cleaning as has been written up on here before.

Now what info I am missing is what bits are needing for refitting - I have sourced a gasket kit but what about some sort of sealant compound? Is there any needed or is the pressure on the gaskets enough?

What about replacing the bolts/nuts? is this needed or can the old ones be reused?

Appreciate the help

Thanks
b1gdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2015, 22:54   #2
coughlanc

I removed and cleaned mine last year. I replaced the exhaust and manifold gasket, and oil return pipe oring and gasket. That was it. Nothing else needed.
Could be handy to have some spare copper washers spare for the oil feed pipe banjo bolt. They're a tad fiddly to put back on and if you loose it then the job comes to a stop.

Last edited by coughlanc; Jun 28th, 2015 at 23:00.
coughlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2015, 21:17   #3
dingov70
Master Member

As a sealant & lubricant for the gaskets & threads on the nuts & bolts i use Febi ceramic grease . It is a small pot & costs a fortune BUT it does what it says on the side & stops dissimilar metals bonding due to heat & pressure

This is the stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/Febi-26712-G.../dp/B0068NKZEE It can also be used on brake pads edges & backs to avoid copper contamination of ABS sensors . It is meant for coating common rail injector bodies prior to installing as they have a nasty & expensive habit of bonding to the cylinder head & is now used by Mercedes when injectors are replaced . It is also unlikely to poison the cat or dpf if fitted