Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Slow to accelerate / lack of power

Views : 4930

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 7th, 2015, 17:10   #21
Sasha94
The Dumb Blonde

This is all very helpful stuff as my XC70 has started giving me random bouts of no power lately with no fault codes. I run a Bluetooth obd2 reader and I have an app on my phone to check readings so I'll be off to check them when I get home to see if my fault is also the exhaust temp sensor. The car revs freely in Park and it still pulls just not quickly, it feels like driving the crappy 1.2 Fiesta my fiancée has right now, not a 185bhp 2.4 litre diesel! The car usually goes like a rocket ship so I'm hoping its nothing too drastic. That said I also got a low coolant warning this morning but the coolant isn't low? Don't know if that's relevant? Car has 146,000 miles
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 01:09   #22
steve78

Default No / intermittent turbo

Hi,
My 2009 D5 XC60 has the same problem. Just no power / turbo when needed. Occasionally it kicks in but mostly its not there. Read a few threads on this site and it looks like it will be a sensor replacement.

I have an OBD2 dongle (not volvo, but a generic bluetooth device) and the Torque app but not sure if I can prove / diagnose the issue this way? Does anyone know if this is possible? Or if there is any software I can use with my OBD2 dongle that will help me check the DPF temperature sensor readings?

I have booked it in with Doves Volvo and told them my suspicions - they are going to charge £120 diagnosis charge before they even start to do any repair so I am steeling myself for a large final bill.

Thanks,
Steve
steve78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:41   #23
maartenvd

I had exactly the same issue with my D5 and it turned out to be the temp sensor behind the DPF. After replacing it the problem was gone.
maartenvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 09:41   #24
steve78

Hi
I have answered my own question on the OBD front. Downloaded an app called 'eobd facile' and that gave me all the sensor readings.
Bank 1 sensor 2 catalyst sensor is showing 1835 deg Fahrenheit constantly. Sensor 1 varies below 500.
Thinking I should call Volvo and say I don't want the £120 diag - just the sensor replaced.

Anyone had this done by Volvo - any idea on cost or how long the job should take?

Steve
Old Dec 16th, 2015, 14:49   #25
steve78

To help future readers of this the car is currently in with Volvo.
They have confirmed the issue is with the sensor.

Unfortunately they said the sensor is seized in the dpf housing and it will be an overnight job and cost just under £500. They have to remove the dpf to get the sensor out. Apparently this happens 90% of the time. Weird they didn't mention this statistic beforehand.

I'm not in a position to argue and I need the car back so will have to accept what they are saying.

Steve