Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver Profiles

Views : 751

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2016, 14:01   #1
TheDufster

Default Driver Profiles

The manual (extract attached) mentions driver profiles. It says they are accessed from the System menu. Nothing appears on mine (photo attached) - is this an extra feature that you have to pay for on the Momentum? (It doesn't have an asterisk next to it in the manual to indicate optional extra)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DriverProfile.JPG (89.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DriverProfile02.jpg (201.2 KB, 14 views)

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2016, 16:20   #2
Deman77
Master Member

One of several features advertised in the manual that didn't make it into production. It's nothing to do with your momentum. Swedespeed forums are better populated and probably better for you to find generic info like this. VOC is more for uk specific issues.

To prevent my first post on these forums from being negative - excellent choice of car.
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2016, 16:29   #3
TheDufster

Cheers for the info. It would have been a nice thing to have but not a big deal. Maybe it's something that will be added later.

Loving the car - 2 months in and it's sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xc90-001a.jpg (142.9 KB, 19 views)

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
Old Jan 26th, 2016, 18:27   #4
Deman77
Master Member

Would prefer to have it too. I find sports steering and suspension settings but gearbox in comfort as my favourite settings but I don't care enough to fiddle each time and it defaults to comfort.
Another conspicuous omission is comfort exit on air springs. It lowers the car after you get out, not before.
Momentum on 20s here too - best look imop. Are all the horror stories scary or what? Makes it seem like a Range Rover - weekends on the road, weekdays in the workshop. I got noisy tires here and some break squeaking but nothing else, crossing my fingers each time I read some of these pages. my car was made third week after long summer holiday break at the factory so that might be helping.
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2016, 19:47   #5
TheDufster

No real problems with my car to report to date. Only one slight niggle that the exterior passenger door handle doesn't retract back fully to the door and it leaves a little gap - so probably needs a little adjustment.

I'm not sure when my car was made because I was offered it by a dealer. It wasn't registered, and I had to take it as it came. Luckily it had the options that I wanted - and I got a discount. Mind you, they've had some business from me in the last 8 years or so. This is my 4th XC90 (three 1st gen, one 2nd gen) and we've also got a V40.

Someone mentioned to me that there were a few cars that Volvo had from the beginning so I wonder if it was one of those.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design