Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc90 integrated phone issues

Views : 2401

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2016, 23:31   #1
migmog

Default xc90 integrated phone issues

Hello again, volvo folks! I've been away in Mercedes land for a few years now, but yesterday picked up a very lovely 2007 XC90 4.4 SE Lux and I am back on the volvo forums to pester you :-)

The car has the integrated phone with the curly cable. How quaint! I am going to pick up a PAYG SIM to put in it and see if it works. Is a SIM card required for the Volvo on-call feature?

However, the handset does not click down into place in the console. I noticed a lot of cars have this problem when I was looking to buy, so it must be a common issue.

Has anyone fixed this?
Old Jul 25th, 2016, 08:55   #2
JimG
Premier Member

Welcome back!

4.4, as in the V8?! Very nice. I've always wondered whether the 3.2 or the V8 would work out cheaper in the long run, given the issues the diesels seem to have.

Enjoy. Hope you fix your phone issue.

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2016, 14:12   #3
scottyjohn

Mine was busted beyond recognition, but I just use the speaker phone and the handset just sits there. Works great even though the cradle is missing....

XC90 SE 2004 D5 163HP - Blue
scottyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2016, 18:41   #4
AB-UK
Premier Member

The handset allows you to listen to your caller without others in the car listening in.
Otherwise you just use the hands-free controls.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2016, 00:21   #5
migmog

Thanks guys. I found my old PAYG mobile and donated its SIM. Phone works a treat, though probably not that useful given that everyone will call us on our regular mobile numbers. I've read on here about bluetooth options, which don't seem that great unfortunately.

I would like to fix the cradle though as it's broken and therefore annoying.
Old Jul 26th, 2016, 23:50   #6
Chesney46

I have a PAYG sim in my car, I just put my phone to divert when I get in and back to normal before I get out. Anyone calls and it automatically goes to the car.
Old Jul 27th, 2016, 08:11   #7
ts72

Quote:
Originally Posted by migmog View Post
I've read on here about bluetooth options, which don't seem that great unfortunately.
I've got the Volvo (Motorola) bluetooth kit fitted in mine which was in it when I got it. Works fine with no problems with my Samsung S6.
ts72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 16:08   #8
Junty

Unhappy Integrated Phone

Hi all,

Hope I'm not hijacking this one. I too am a returner, having been with Mitsubishi for a few years. Wife still has her V70 though - 186,000 miles and still brilliant. Both of them that is.

Anyway I recently bought a 2007 XC90 with integrated phone, Sat Nav, SOS etc. Everything works fine except the phone. I've put a PAYG sim into it but nothing at all happens when you press the "phone" button on the stereo. Absolutely nothing. Very annoying as I would quite like to simply divert my mobile to the carphone.

The previous owner had installed an aftermarket usb/ipod thing (Audiovox I think). You connect your iphone/ipod and tune in to a preset fm frequency and it'll play your music through the car stereo. Seems to work fine but I did wonder, could this be affecting the car telephone? Nicking its power supply? Should I just give up and get a Parrot fitted instead?! Any thoughts would be very welcome. It's doing my head in! Thanks.
Junty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 11:57   #9
AB-UK
Premier Member

In the phone menu, have you selected the car phone?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 16:33   #10
Junty

Thanks for the suggestion AB-UK. However I can't even access the phone menu. When I press the "Phone" button, nothing at all happens. Absolutely nothing.

I don't know if it's linked but, I also have the "On call Service required" message. I've ignored it because I presumed it's because the previous owner stopped the subscription. I'm thinking of restarting it but haven't got round to it yet. Do you think it could be linked? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.
Junty is offline   Reply With Quote