Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

voice control

Views : 2702

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 07:15   #41
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Tried it both ways, doing it that way does not let me put number in at all, box goes greyed out as soon as you confirm street.
That is strange as I live in a small cul-de-sac in a village and it let me put my number in. I used the satnav yesterday to go to Whitby and back and it worked fine for me. Need to test it more thoroughly though. This is after coming from a Mercedes Comand hard disk satnav. The graphics on the sensus are not great but the driver screen and HUD I thought was good. Hope they bring google maps with android auto, like Audi have and show it in the driver display.

Last edited by neon; Sep 23rd, 2016 at 07:17.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 08:52   #42
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
That is strange as I live in a small cul-de-sac in a village and it let me put my number in.
Same here. I live in a village on a private lane with just 2 house numbers and I can input my house number.

I don't often input via the Sensus screen but when I do it's in this order:
  • City
  • Street name
  • House number
Never had a problem doing it this way.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 10:01   #43
tem
Premier Member

This confirms what most of us have said about selecting a destination with address and house number.

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars...a801514714f33b

tem.
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 15:02   #44
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
This confirms what most of us have said about selecting a destination with address and house number.

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars...a801514714f33b

tem.
If only mine worked like they say it should, but alas it does not let me imput a number.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 15:07   #45
Lexman8
Premier Member

Have you updated the satnav software to the latest version?
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 16:28   #46
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Have you updated the satnav software to the latest version?
Its a 2017 car and just been in for its 3 month quality assurance check, I asked them to check the system out and they told me its has the latest software. They are waiting for a tech guy to come off his holiday to ask about the problem with the satnav issues.
Old Oct 13th, 2016, 21:13   #47
topofthestack

Angry No sign of any fixes after 3 years!

I complained to Volvo UK about the voice recognition system shortly after I took delivery in Jan 2014 and have got nowhere! On the XC60 SatNav, when you go to cancel the route guidance the female voice replies, 'Are you sure you want to cancel rude guidance?' !!!

Someone was having a laugh when that got into the final system and into my car, but it gets annoying after months, especially as Volvo won't do anything about it and you've paid out a shed load of money. Oh, and BTW, I've lost count of the number of UK towns she mispronounces!

TERRY GALE

XC60 D5 (215) SE LUX NAV Auto
topofthestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2016, 21:20   #48
yeoman
Master Member

Talking

[, I've lost count of the number of UK towns she mispronounces!

TERRY GALE

XC60 D5 (215) SE LUX NAV Auto[/QUOTE]

Try Rotherham. I dare you to make any sense of its pronounciation.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2016, 22:40   #49
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Its a 2017 car and just been in for its 3 month quality assurance check, I asked them to check the system out and they told me its has the latest software. They are waiting for a tech guy to come off his holiday to ask about the problem with the satnav issues.
Update: volvo's senior training officer was at my local dealer today and asked me to pop in so he could check my satnav and thinking I may be doing things wrong show me how to use it, after seeing my problem he said it is a system problem, he tried all the addresses I were having problems with in his XC90 and the same thing happens so it looks like it is not letting you put house numbers in in certain postcode areas, he told me volvo or the 3rd party satnav program provider will need to sort out a fix for this which will not be a quick fix, he also tried out voice control and agreed with me it is not working as it should to imput satnav commands, it works ok with the climate and audio setting commands but useless with satnav. We both contacted volvo cusotmer services about these problems, while I was on to them I had another go at them about the road noise issue and lack of any progress, they think that the road noise is only an issue on one small stretch of the M25, I cant believe how daft they are.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: