Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 seeks loving home and tlc - relisting at £750

Views : 765

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 21st, 2016, 16:22   #1
dcw
VOC Member

Default S40 seeks loving home and tlc - relisting at £750

I had this S40 2.4S geartronic up for sale previously at £500 because of the issues that exist about its general condition - see http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=254612.

I put the sale on hold in September while I bought the car from my mum and then waited to see if we needed it or not - and have now decided we do not need it. As promised then, I am now re-advertising it at a slightly increased price which simply reflects work done and money spent on it that was essential going forward in any event

Since putting the previous sale on hold I have been using the car just enough to keep it going nicely, and done work to it as I said I would. I have changed the cam-belt and idler/tensioner pulleys with genuine Volvo parts, done a coolant change (genuine Volvo coolant), done a small service, replaced the front drop-links and rear brake pads.

As previously stated I am not out to make a profit on this car but I would like to try to recoup what it owes me (namely what I paid mum and the essential work done on it since).

I won't repeat all the details from the previous thread - please do have a look there - but generally speaking I think the car, having now done about 90,600 miles, has lots of life left in it yet. It will come with the replacement panels just needing a re-spray depending on how far you can live with the external dents and dings.

I think this is a quite a lot of car for relatively little money at £750: my wish is that she finds a good home where someone will look after her and in turn she can provide good service for some time yet.

For the two particular members that were previously very interested, I have directly mailed you both...

Please get in touch with any questions!

Many thanks

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport

Last edited by dcw; Nov 21st, 2016 at 16:31.
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 18:34   #2
dcw
VOC Member

Default No longer for sale!

No longer looking to sell this car: instead giving her the love and attention she needs and using her myself...

Thanks to all who showed interest!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post: