Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11351

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2017, 19:59   #171
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
Enjoy it as I am sure you will. If you get the chance can you report on the differences between Comfort and Dynamic.
I'll try to remember, and try out the different modes.
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 21:37   #172
chrisnoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
That's a bit of a bummer, having to leave your nice new car for a week, hope it's a holiday and not work.
Anyway at least you will have yours, enjoy your afternoon with it.
I will post my opinions tomorrow.
Yes, it's a holiday but I am thinking I'll be looking forward to getting back!
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 22:39   #173
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Yes, it's a holiday but I am thinking I'll be looking forward to getting back!
Well injoy your holiday, I might even have mine when you get home, (joke)
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 07:43   #174
chrisnoy

Quote:
Well injoy your holiday, I might even have mine when you get home, (joke)
I was pleasantly surprised and at least there's no widespread hold ups unless it's certain types, so I hope you get yours soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnoy For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 18:38   #175
bobby2000
VOC Member

Hi People,
I've had my test drive, a good hour, unfortunately it wasn't the R. design that I was expecting , but it was an Inscription pro so similar to my Inscription.
First impressions was very good, plenty of get up and go, also very smooth an refined, especially after my D5. I did try the different performance modes, just the default comfort mode was fine for me, the dynamic mode basically hangs onto the gears longer so does give you a bit of a boost, the different modes can't be changed on the move so that a bit of a let down.
I was particularly interested in its hill climbing abilities, to be honest I thought it was as good as my D5 so very happy there.
Really the only downside I can see at the moment will be fuel consumption, at least 5mpg down, maybe more.
I'm told that my car is at Immingham docks, so have arranged to collect it next Friday 29th September, I will believe it when it happens.
If I do get it on Friday, I'm seriously thinking of running it for 2 weeks, then having Polestar installed, then running again for another 2 weeks, if I don't think it's worth it I could then get it removed and get a full refund.
What do you think?

Last edited by bobby2000; Sep 22nd, 2017 at 18:45.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 19:20   #176
Bernard F

Quote:
Hi People,
I've had my test drive, a good hour, unfortunately it wasn't the R. design that I was expecting , but it was an Inscription pro so similar to my Inscription.
First impressions was very good, plenty of get up and go, also very smooth an refined, especially after my D5. I did try the different performance modes, just the default comfort mode was fine for me, the dynamic mode basically hangs onto the gears longer so does give you a bit of a boost, the different modes can't be changed on the move so that a bit of a let down.
I was particularly interested in its hill climbing abilities, to be honest I thought it was as good as my D5 so very happy there.
Really the only downside I can see at the moment will be fuel consumption, at least 5mpg down, maybe more.
I'm told that my car is at Immingham docks, so have arranged to collect it next Friday 29th September, I will believe it when it happens.
If I do get it on Friday, I'm seriously thinking of running it for 2 weeks, then having Polestar installed, then running again for another 2 weeks, if I don't think it's worth it I could then get it removed and get a full refund.
What do you think?
Thanks, sounds delightful to me and has made the waiting even harder. I was expecting all you say including the fuel consumption and if it stays at minus five I will be all the more delighted. I expected much worse as I am not known for holding back although always within the speed limit. Cannot afford to take chances at my age, could not imagine life without a driving licence. I would love to have Polestar and a refundable test sounds too good to miss for you. I would go for it if I could but again age gives me enough problems in getting reasonable cost insurance without adding Polestar.
I assume you were on 20" inch wheels and have not commented on road noise so I assume all is OK and it did not send you mad as reported on the XC90. I do hope your car turns up this time and will look forward to all your experiences in time. I am in France at the moment getting the last out of my D5 and wishing it were the new car as it's a different driving world in these parts.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 19:51   #177
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
Thanks, sounds delightful to me and has made the waiting even harder. I was expecting all you say including the fuel consumption and if it stays at minus five I will be all the more delighted. I expected much worse as I am not known for holding back although always within the speed limit. Cannot afford to take chances at my age, could not imagine life without a driving licence. I would love to have Polestar and a refundable test sounds too good to miss for you. I would go for it if I could but again age gives me enough problems in getting reasonable cost insurance without adding Polestar.
I assume you were on 20" inch wheels and have not commented on road noise so I assume all is OK and it did not send you mad as reported on the XC90. I do hope your car turns up this time and will look forward to all your experiences in time. I am in France at the moment getting the last out of my D5 and wishing it were the new car as it's a different driving world in these parts.
I don't know how old you are, I'm 69 and the Polestar on my D5 didnt affect my insurance with Admiral. It may pay me to check this time before I go ahead with it.
I didn't notice any excess road noise, although I'm a bit hard of hearing , but I did have my hearing aids in, the joy's of getting old aye. I didn't look at tyre size, but think you are probably right about 20".
I really was impressed with the T5, I can't guarantee that it will only be a 5 mpg drop in consumption but like you say it will depend on your driving style.
I'm sure you will like it as well.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:07   #178
rejm68

Quote:
the different modes can't be changed on the move so that a bit of a let down
I changed from comfort to eco at 70mph on the motorway. No complaints from the car.
rejm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:12   #179
Bernard F

Quote:
I don't know how old you are, I'm 69 and the Polestar on my D5 didnt affect my insurance with Admiral. It may pay me to check this time before I go ahead with it.
I didn't notice any excess road noise, although I'm a bit hard of hearing , but I did have my hearing aids in, the joy's of getting old aye. I didn't look at tyre size, but think you are probably right about 20".
I really was impressed with the T5, I can't guarantee that it will only be a 5 mpg drop in consumption but like you say it will depend on your driving style.
I'm sure you will like it as well.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
87 in Jan. After 85 very few will insure and even less at fair premiums despite a lifetime of NCD. You will have no trouble I am sure. My dealer had an Inscription Pro T5 on lengthy use and said 27 mpg was all he managed. I get 35 in my D5 with my driving so I suppose your approx 5 mpg less is not far off.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:17   #180
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejm68 View Post
I changed from comfort to eco at 70mph on the motorway. No complaints from the car.
The salesman told me that you couldn't change the mode at above about 5mpg when I tried to go from comfort to dynamic, it wouldn't let me change the mode at that speed of around 40 mph.
Have you tried to go from comfort to dynamic at speed?