Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 48k Service - £400!!??

Views : 1894

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 29th, 2007, 12:09   #11
GSMGuy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpk View Post
I've managed to find a dealer who will do the 48k for £227 (£200 cheaper than most expensive quote!) all in, and then there's the VOC discount off that too. So very pleased.
We are all dying to know the dealer now....

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 12:13   #12
lee enfield

Quote:
My S60 D5 is up for the 48k service, oil change and check over.

So far I've had 3 quotes and I nearly fell off my chair:

£398, Rybrook Liverpool
£398, Rybrook Stockport
£351, Dealer Crewe

I bought the car used, it's 2 years old and has the volvo extended used warranty for another 18 months or until 80,000 miles (which ever is sooner).

I was expecting for this basic service a cost of approx £250 and with my membership discount I thought I would stomach it for ease of the warranty and any potential future problems....

But after getting those prices I'm seriously considering a local Indy and volvo parts, I bet they're less than half that for an oil change and a quick check over. And, in theory, will not invalidate my warranty.

Anyway, when enquiring at a local indy, what should I ask about the computer diagnostic system they use so they can check it over for any fault codes. Could anyone enlighten me as to what it is and what I should really ask for, or is it taken as read all indys have this piece of kit....

If anyone knows of any cheaper dealers around the Manchester please let me know. I bet Rybrook have a monopoly on service prices!!

Any help guidance is much appreciated and fully encouraged, if it saves me a tenner I'll be a happy man!
dont even think of using a stealer, try volvo indepedent in altrincham, there superb and charge half what the stealer will, and there a really helpfull knowledable bunch its owned by a ex volvo main dealer guy
lee enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 18:22   #13
GED-S60
paid up member

Quote:
I've managed to find a dealer who will do the 48k for £227 (£200 cheaper than most expensive quote!) all in, and then there's the VOC discount off that too. So very pleased.
whos the dealer pal,i live in manchester so it would be useful knowledge
GED-S60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 22:21   #14
DieselDoNicely
Premier Member

Quote:
My S60 D5 is up for the 48k service, oil change and check over.

So far I've had 3 quotes and I nearly fell off my chair:

£398, Rybrook Liverpool
£398, Rybrook Stockport
£351, Dealer Crewe

I bought the car used, it's 2 years old and has the volvo extended used warranty for another 18 months or until 80,000 miles (which ever is sooner).

I was expecting for this basic service a cost of approx £250 and with my membership discount I thought I would stomach it for ease of the warranty and any potential future problems....

But after getting those prices I'm seriously considering a local Indy and volvo parts, I bet they're less than half that for an oil change and a quick check over. And, in theory, will not invalidate my warranty.

Anyway, when enquiring at a local indy, what should I ask about the computer diagnostic system they use so they can check it over for any fault codes. Could anyone enlighten me as to what it is and what I should really ask for, or is it taken as read all indys have this piece of kit....

If anyone knows of any cheaper dealers around the Manchester please let me know. I bet Rybrook have a monopoly on service prices!!

Any help guidance is much appreciated and fully encouraged, if it saves me a tenner I'll be a happy man!
Welcome to Volvo, you should try running two of them with one doing 800 miles a week!

DDN
2005 V70 SE D5 Geartronic 205,000 miles 55
2011 V70 Lux D3 Geartronic 220,000 miles
DieselDoNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 22:48   #15
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Whatever do mate keep away from Stratstones...
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 15:33   #16
Talon
Volvic Driver

Does anyone know what should be done on each of the service. My previous car's manual has a service intervel that lists out the things that need to be checked/replaced after certain number of miles, does Volvo have somehting similar. I can't find it in the service book
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote