Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Best place to buy parts for Amazon 121 -67´

Views : 1013

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2018, 22:19   #1
AmazonViking

Default Best place to buy parts for Amazon 121 -67´

First post and just joined the forum to ask this:

Where do you buy your parts?

I have searched and searched all over the web and with all the different suppliers out there I'm really unsure on where to order. In my eyes it seems like several are selling the same items but also some make their own retrofit parts from scratch. Is there any one with experience on quality on retro made parts - is all of these Chinese crap which is worse than the original? By that I mean, is it worth re-cromeing the fenders if the new stuff is not worth buying?

Similar to interior and new seats upholstery - is all the same or is there some which is better than other and more true to original colours and so forth?

Crome trimmings, rubber seals etc ?

Just in case some of these sites are not known - here is a few I have looked at:

http://www.skandix.de/en/index/?hid=143&shop=1

http://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/

http://www.vp-autoparts.com/main.aspx

http://www.scantrade.ch/katalog.html

http://www.kgtrimning.org

https://www.oldieglanz.de/Volvo-Amazon/

https://www.bastuck.de/gb/classic/volvo/

https://www.ersatzteile-wug.de/en/

I'm sure there is some local UK dealers as well but are they simply buying from some one in the list as a reseller or do they make for instance their own seat covers/upholstery ?

We have some local ones which seems to just order from some of the listed ones with a large markup which would cost me a lot when I need quite a bit of new stuff...

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Viking
AmazonViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 22:43   #2
Palmer 221

Welcome!!

not sure if us domestic buyers can purchase direct from Bastuk in the UK?
I am quite fond of there stuff.
I'm sure others will comment on this?????

I nearly always goto brookhouse volvo
Good service, knolledgable and Im quite happy to support a company that just wants to keep old Volvo's on the road
Palmer 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palmer 221 For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2018, 22:58   #3
AmazonViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer 221 View Post
Welcome!!

not sure if us domestic buyers can purchase direct from Bastuk in the UK?
I am quite fond of there stuff.
I'm sure others will comment on this?????

I nearly always goto brookhouse volvo
Good service, knolledgable and Im quite happy to support a company that just wants to keep old Volvo's on the road
Thanks Palmer :-)

I have not been in contact with them directly, I have just browsed the web to check which options I have.

Other than that I do agree to support the local buys but then there is a threshold to how ripped off I feel it's worth. Just to give you guys some numbers:
Rear floor panel locally : £230
From Germany: £ 160

Have not checked that much on other items but if you need quite a bit of parts it would add up...Edit: I'm restoring a complete car and would most likely need more than one or two parts. When I changed the discs in the front I could not be bothered to order some where else than locally, but that list of mine might end up being quite long LOL

Last edited by AmazonViking; May 24th, 2018 at 23:03.
Old May 24th, 2018, 23:41   #4
simon roberts

Cool

Hi AV, I have bought parts from all on your list, also Nordicar.
Basically you have to do your homework on the prices, Scandix always have promotions on parts.
CVI remanufacture parts,I have never had an issue with quality from them.
I have a set of s/ steel bumpers from Vietnam yet to be fitted, I am told by others although not 100 % perfect, they are very good.
simon roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 23:49   #5
simon roberts

Cool

Same land mass, ring Stig @ CVI and talk turkey on prices for your needs if you need a lot.....I must say he has all the small original parts and usually the very hard to find parts.....indeed I bought the last RHD NEW under dash parcel shelf.
Even personally delivered a heated rear screen to London for me.
simon roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 23:50   #6
AmazonViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon roberts View Post
Hi AV, I have bought parts from all on your list, also Nordicar.
Basically you have to do your homework on the prices, Scandix always have promotions on parts.
CVI remanufacture parts,I have never had an issue with quality from them.
I have a set of s/ steel bumpers from Vietnam yet to be fitted, I am told by others although not 100 % perfect, they are very good.
Homework on prices is no problem but the rest is pretty though hence my post ;-)
I really don't want to spend money on "new" stuff which has bad quality even if it looks "new". The car has been in the family since new and I'm now planing to restore it to as close to new as possible in memory of my grandfather which bought it new.
But might be just me being sceptical and should just start making the list of things I need and order from the one which feels the best

Scandix has a very good catalog with a wast amount of "must have" products so guess I'll contact them.
Old May 25th, 2018, 01:29   #7
Derek UK
VOC Member

Whoever you deal with always check and compare the cost of carriage or postage. That can vary a lot. Combining many parts into one order can save you a lot of money.
Join the Swedish Amazon Club if not in it already. Is there a Norwegian Amazon Club?
As you say, many of the dealers source their parts from the same place but prices do vary for the same item. Overall they do seem to average out. In your case I would recommend CVI, as they are willing to go out of their way to get parts remanufactured and that benefits everyone.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2019, 23:27   #8
AmazonViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Whoever you deal with always check and compare the cost of carriage or postage. That can vary a lot. Combining many parts into one order can save you a lot of money.
Join the Swedish Amazon Club if not in it already. Is there a Norwegian Amazon Club?
As you say, many of the dealers source their parts from the same place but prices do vary for the same item. Overall they do seem to average out. In your case I would recommend CVI, as they are willing to go out of their way to get parts remanufactured and that benefits everyone.
I joined the Norwegian version but there was very little activity except getting a glossy yearly magazine. Asking if they had managed to get deals from some of the suppliers was negative and then I discovered that he leader of the club was running his own parts shop for Amazons. Objective advice given ? Felt like running a shop in a shop so I dropped out hoping to find more info online.

Have contacted CVI and Scandix and would most likely send a complete list to them both. S&H from Germany might even be cheaper than ordering parts locally where we are raped by the Norwegian mail fees which is crap on both service, delivery time and for this you pay $hit loads. Happy to pay the same from abroad and actually get some service ;-)

Bought tools from UK and found that service excellent and "normal" S&H fees...
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 22:57   #9
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonViking View Post
I joined the Norwegian version but there was very little activity except getting a glossy yearly magazine. Asking if they had managed to get deals from some of the suppliers was negative and then I discovered that he leader of the club was running his own parts shop for Amazons. Objective advice given ? Felt like running a shop in a shop so I dropped out hoping to find more info online.

Have contacted CVI and Scandix and would most likely send a complete list to them both. S&H from Germany might even be cheaper than ordering parts locally where we are raped by the Norwegian mail fees which is crap on both service, delivery time and for this you pay $hit loads. Happy to pay the same from abroad and actually get some service ;-)

Bought tools from UK and found that service excellent and "normal" S&H fees...
Have you looked at MotorOldies in Sweden. I have bought a few items from some of the Swedish suppliers but ideally I like to deal with Simon at Brookhouse or Rob at Amazon Cars. Both Suffolk, England. Great knowledge and service. The problem with dealing with Sweden was the cost of VAT. Could put the price up.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 10:23   #10
AmazonViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Have you looked at MotorOldies in Sweden. I have bought a few items from some of the Swedish suppliers but ideally I like to deal with Simon at Brookhouse or Rob at Amazon Cars. Both Suffolk, England. Great knowledge and service. The problem with dealing with Sweden was the cost of VAT. Could put the price up.
There is so many out there that I struggle to decide what's what. I see some comments here in Norway that there is Chinese versions of the known "American Racing" wheels and I'm sure that there is similar stuff for our cars. I really do not want parts from China if there is similar parts with similar price which is made in Sweden/Germany. I need structural body parts so fit is for sure a question, since I really do not want to almost re-fabricate the floor panels, rear section etc to fit the car if bought from some one....

Tags
amazon parts, dealers, experience