Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Re-attaching loose V50 exterior door trim

Views : 1356

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2018, 19:58   #1
V50Dad

Question Re-attaching loose V50 exterior door trim

Hi, first time poster here, so go easy on me!

This morning I noticed that our V50 (2011) had a loose bit of trim. It is on the driver side door, and it is the bottom piece (on my door there is a piece of trim mid-way up the door as well). The loose bit is on the opposite end to the door hinge, so it is only partially loose. From what I can tell, it looks like a clip is broken.

What's the best way of repairing it? Can I remove/slide off the trim easily, or will the inside panel of the door need to be removed first? It looks like the clip on the trim is blue in colour (I can't tell if other clips are the same).

Any thoughts/advice appreciated, including the replacement clips (I think this is the part, but I can only find it from a German website:
http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts...-trim/1024581/
V50Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 20:52   #2
steV50

I had the same issue with an S40 but the trim had just come unclipped, the blue clips were not broken or missing. As far as I remember the blue clips attach to the trim and then clip into holes in the door panel. I am not sure now if there were any other clips. You do not need to remove the interior door panel but it needs a firm push on the trim to clip it back into place. I imagine you can order the clips from a Volvo dealer who should also be able to tell you if there are any other clips in addition to the blue ones.
steV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 21:41   #3
V50Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by steV50 View Post
I had the same issue with an S40 but the trim had just come unclipped, the blue clips were not broken or missing. As far as I remember the blue clips attach to the trim and then clip into holes in the door panel. I am not sure now if there were any other clips. You do not need to remove the interior door panel but it needs a firm push on the trim to clip it back into place. I imagine you can order the clips from a Volvo dealer who should also be able to tell you if there are any other clips in addition to the blue ones.
Thanks - it looks like the bit that would go in the hole has snapped off from the remainder of the clip that's on the the trim (so will need to at least replace it). Do you know if the trim just pops out, or if it slides out? Don't want to try to force it off if it is held on with other types of fixings. What would you suggest in terms of removing the entire trim?
V50Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 06:41   #4
steV50

I didn't remove the entire trim, to do this you would need a trim removal tool to prise out all the clips but there is a risk of breaking more clips. If it is only one or two clips that are broken I would just gently pull the trim away from the door enough to be able to remove the blue clips and replace them. As far as I remember the blue clips slide on to the back of the trim.
steV50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clip, trim, v50