Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Injectors

Views : 533

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 08:29   #1
Henners29

Default Injectors

So to take the the inlet manifold off I had to remove all the injectors.

Once I’ve cleaned them up seat etc and put them back in will the engine start or is there something I’ll need to do?

Bleed it or anything? I hope not as I’m not sure how. I’m hoping I just put them back in. Turn it over a bit and it will start?

Any thoughts
Henners29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 17:17   #2
thanosgr
Thanos

Diesel or petrol engine?
For diesel you must mark the injectors.
Every cylinder must have the same injector.
Plus you must change the washers!
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 17:24   #3
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

If it's a 5 cylinder diesel engine then no bleeding necessary.

Volvo guidance is to replace the copper sealing washers and injector pipes but in reality whilst it is good practice to replace at least the washers if they are clean and in good condition they can usually be re-used - but check very carefully for leaks immediately on re-starting and after around 500 miles.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 19:11   #4
Henners29

cheers guys.

All back together..
so I stupidly snapped the last bolt on the last injector, I guess i'd bolted down the other side to much and put stress on or something, I didn't know the torque and my wrench wasn't the wright size socket adaptor so did them tight then a little bit more.

So £90 light a man came out and drilled out the snapped end. I left it to him to put the fresh ones in!
I should have had him replace them all whilst he was there. But all seems fine.

Yup I changed the copper washers, but not the fuel rails on top. I suspect they would be very pricey?
So far no leaks.. but as mentioned I will check again in about 500 miles..

But so far so good, and what a difference its made, it's so smooth, and acceleration is better Id say.

So apart from the couple of **** ups, and filth everywhere.. it was well worth doing
Henners29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 19:05   #5
globula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners29 View Post
cheers guys.

All back together..
so I stupidly snapped the last bolt on the last injector, I guess i'd bolted down the other side to much and put stress on or something, I didn't know the torque and my wrench wasn't the wright size socket adaptor so did them tight then a little bit more.

So £90 light a man came out and drilled out the snapped end. I left it to him to put the fresh ones in!
I should have had him replace them all whilst he was there. But all seems fine.

Yup I changed the copper washers, but not the fuel rails on top. I suspect they would be very pricey?
So far no leaks.. but as mentioned I will check again in about 500 miles..

But so far so good, and what a difference its made, it's so smooth, and acceleration is better Id say.

So apart from the couple of **** ups, and filth everywhere.. it was well worth doing
fuel rails were not expensive on my 1.6D, for two or three of them I paid like 30 + vat. I hope you changed the oil as you should change the oil when you have new injectors.

If each cylinder is not having the same injectors, you can go at volvo to re-code them in ecu (90 quid), or if you have Vida full version you can do it with that.
globula is offline   Reply With Quote