Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leather interior

Views : 556

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 22nd, 2018, 18:54   #1
griston64
Premier Member

Default Leather interior

Anybody know if 850 seats will fit my 940 ?

Cheers
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 10:01   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Anybody know if 850 seats will fit my 940 ?

Cheers
I have vague memories of this being asked before and the answer was no - i think!

Is yours a saloon or estate?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 10:37   #3
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I have vague memories of this being asked before and the answer was no - i think!

Is yours a saloon or estate?
Its an estate. I did think that though.

I might be able to get a 940 leather interior but the rear seats have no headrests. Would 960 headrests fit a 940 ? from the same year.

Cheers, Mark
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 11:12   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

I'm fairly certain 7x5 leather seats will fit as well, if it's any help i have a black set of rear seats with headrests, one headrest at one point has punhcture marks from my hound but i think i replaced it. Likely to be a bit damp as they've been stored outside but...........

if they're any use to you, i'll get them in and dry and clean them, yours for the cost of postage. The seats themselves are in fairly good condition, not brilliant but by no means bad. I got a replacement set of seats as they came with the headrest i needed and as they were slightly better than mine, i fitted the seats complete. Doesn't take long, the cushions just lift out and clip in, the backrests, remove the "R" clip from the middle hinge, push the outer edge of the seat inboard and release the clip on the hinge pin, lift the outer edge and pull out. Haynes it to fit the replacements.

I do need the dog guard clips from the back of the seats, if you have a dog guard you can just swap yours onto them.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 11:27   #5
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I'm fairly certain 7x5 leather seats will fit as well, if it's any help i have a black set of rear seats with headrests, one headrest at one point has punhcture marks from my hound but i think i replaced it. Likely to be a bit damp as they've been stored outside but...........

if they're any use to you, i'll get them in and dry and clean them, yours for the cost of postage. The seats themselves are in fairly good condition, not brilliant but by no means bad. I got a replacement set of seats as they came with the headrest i needed and as they were slightly better than mine, i fitted the seats complete. Doesn't take long, the cushions just lift out and clip in, the backrests, remove the "R" clip from the middle hinge, push the outer edge of the seat inboard and release the clip on the hinge pin, lift the outer edge and pull out. Haynes it to fit the replacements.

I do need the dog guard clips from the back of the seats, if you have a dog guard you can just swap yours onto them.
Thanks for the very kind offer but the front seats I am looking at are grey leather and are ( along with rears ) in good condition. I'm going to try the 960 headrests in my cloth 940 and if they fit I will be ok

Cheers, Mark
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 11:20   #6
jonnyf90
Grumpy git born too late!

960/940 interiors are interchangeable (apart from the dash facia, unless you change the whole lot).
Any FWD stuff won't fit unfortunately.
700 stuff would probably fit too.

Cheers

2021 Škoda Octavia Estate L iV PHEV (Company)
jonnyf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyf90 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 18:46   #7
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Its an estate. Would 960 headrests fit a 940 ? from the same year
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyf90 View Post
960/940 interiors are interchangeable.....700 stuff would probably fit too.
Front seats are all interchangeable but for rears it's age that's the important thing, not which model.

On both 940 and 960 these changed in 1993 from removable head restraints/3-point seat belt for outer passengers and no head restraint/lap belt for the centre passenger to the later style with integrated retractable head restraint/3-point belt for all three positions.

More importantly, on the later style the whole backrest seat structure is also different and taller in order to accommodate these features.
rwdkev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwdkev For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 22:06   #8
Jebus
VOC Member

The actual mount points on the body are different on the >93 and post 93 could take the bits from a later donor car, but a fair bit of work, found this out much to my cost but oh well front seats went in fine at least the early 940 as a lot more in common with a 740 seat etc wise

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post: