Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lumbar Support is possessed

Views : 1805

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2019, 19:55   #1
RochdalePioneers

Default Lumbar Support is possessed

2 weeks into my S90 ownership and after a few different options tested have settled on a seat position that's very comfy. What's driving me mad is that my lumbar support will not learn the new position.

Every time I unlock and open the door I can hear the lumbar whirring as it adjusts to the old position. I have the new position saved on BOTH presets. I have deleted the Driver Profile I had set so that there are no profiles saved. Why does it keep doing this by itself?

Have I missed any settings I should change? Drive profile deleted via factory reset. Preferred position saved on both presets. And it still whirrs into life...
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 19:59   #2
LordLucan

When you had it set to the profiles, did you select to lock the profile against changes?
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 20:15   #3
cassell
Member since 1988

Have a look at your handbook, I may be wrong but I recall that on unlocking the car, the lumbar support 'swells' to support the occupant as they settle into the seat. It then settles (deflates?) to the stored position.

I can definitely feel something like this happening in my V90 each morning.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 20:29   #4
LordLucan

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...a80151171c7e98

Have a look at this article regarding locking profiles
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 21:06   #5
RochdalePioneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
When you had it set to the profiles, did you select to lock the profile against changes?
Yes. And have now factory reset the profiles to clear that. It's obviously cleared something - the car had been a showroom demonstrator when I bought it and each profile had *interesting* seat positions stored. No longer the case as they've been reset.

All except the lumbar! I'll check for it deflating itself tomorrow...
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 08:31   #6
RochdalePioneers

I swear to you that it's possessed. I have now rechecked that there are no saved profiles. I've changed from a blank profile 1 to guest and back again. I have saved and resaved the preferred seat position on both memory presets on blank profile 1 and guest.

And yet every time I open the car it whirrs back to where it wants... Nor does it deflate when I set off - I have to manually change it.

Do I need to take it in for them to plug a laptop in? My driver's seat back is slightly loose and makes a click noise when I lean back on it so I have that to fix anyway
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 10:22   #7
LordLucan

Have you tried saving the settings to one of the profiles and then selecting to lock the profile? If that doesn't work then definitely worth speaking to the dealers
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 17:35   #8
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
Have you tried saving the settings to one of the profiles and then selecting to lock the profile? If that doesn't work then definitely worth speaking to the dealers
I read that lumbar support, now due to the last update software, deflate when you open your car with a key that is associated to one of the profiles and when you sit and turn on engine, it distends back again to the saved settings to the saved position so that driver can feel on his/her back the lumbar support cosiness.

cassell was right on his/her impressions.

p.s.: i read a lot in this forum constant problems in software bugs and problems like yours and volvo cars seeming to get crazy. Well i don't know the future but my car has almost 4 months now and beside the modem issue, i don't have any but any complaints so far. Everything works fine.My car must be blessed. I love him even more after i read so many damn problems from XC60 owners.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Feb 14th, 2019 at 17:37.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 18:54   #9
cassell
Member since 1988

Thanks Volvolover, I knew I'd read it somewhere, by the way I'm a 'he'.

I've now found the actual wording which was included in the software update schedule from Nov/Dec 2018, it reads:

Update of adjustments of lumbar and side supports that are set and saved in a driver profile. The supports are adjusted, as before, when the door is unlocked with a key connected to the profile, with the addition that they will be adjusted again when the car is turned on to take into account the actual pressure that occurred when the driver sat down in the driver's seat.

So that should partly answer the OP's question!

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 19:15   #10
RochdalePioneers

Doubt that I have the Nov/Dec software as it was registered in September, but have now saveda new driver profile. Let's see how we get on...