Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New v90 owner questions

Views : 2053

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 11:22   #21
volvo s60 2001

There are other threads on here about the SIM card and accessing the boot SIM holder, which is a bit of a pain from memory as its under the boot floor towards the rear seats somewhere[/QUOTE]

It is exactly 1min very easy job. Fold down the rear seats and lift the boot floor, then you have all the access you need. Only make sure the arrow on the sim card holder meets the mark on the modem.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 15:10   #22
Berkshirebob

This all sounds like aggro! Why not just tether your phone? Seems to work fine for me..
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 17:01   #23
Geordiesteve

Thanks again guys for all the great replies and helping me find my way around the V90.

I've tethered the car to my phones hotspot. Will I need to switch tethering on each time I get in the car for them to connect? I've never used tethering before.
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 17:25   #24
KurtWallander

No, it should stay enabled but annoyingly if you have an Android phone, bluetooth tethering switches off if you've had your phone on airplane mode (say overnight), or if it switches off and re-starts.
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 19:21   #25
Geordiesteve

Thanks,
I've got an android Huawei P20 Pro, so new handset. I just tethered it earlier today and I'm sat in the house now and noticed the hotspot symbol has gone off, so I just hope it auto connects once back in the car. Don't really want to have to manually connect if I can get away without...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtWallander View Post
No, it should stay enabled but annoyingly if you have an Android phone, bluetooth tethering switches off if you've had your phone on airplane mode (say overnight), or if it switches off and re-starts.
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 15:46   #26
S5Warrior

The symbol will go off when you're not actually tethered to the car, however when you return to the car, the hotspot will automatically re-connect (eventually - takes around a minute or so).