Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo On Call connection problem

Views : 2149

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 5th, 2020, 08:47   #1
omikin

Default Volvo On Call connection problem

Hi all,

Picked up my 2020 V60 D4 yesterday, and dhe dealer talked me through the VOC setup at the dealership, but the app stalled on the connection part, and kept saying "Oops, something went wrong" and telling me to try later. The dealer said VOC had been taking longer than usual recently and I should try in an hour or so. Tried again several times yesterday and still the same thing.

In the car settings menu under Communication > Volvo on call, two of the menu options are greyed out and Activate service is showing, with the message "Contact your retailer for assistance", and when I click on that it asks for a code (which is not the PIN that they have generated for me), then it says "You have not subscribed to a Volvo On Call service, contact your retailer for assistance".

Has anyone else had this?

Also, looking at the Volvo online instructions for connection, it tells you to turn on the ignition, but not the engine, but the dealer told me the engine should be running. Any info on this? Does it make a difference?

I am finding the setup a bit confusing!

Thanks in advance.
omikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2020, 11:11   #2
chameleon001

Hi,

Had the same issue not long ago, VOC was down when I picked the car up so they couldn't set it up at time.

When I tried setting up from home I got the same message. The PIN is a different code that the dealer should input (or in my case gave me over the phone) in order to activate the subscription to VOC on the car.

From memory, you also need to ensure car and phone are connected to internet (but not via the car's in built SIM connection).

I would contact your dealer and see if they can give you the PIN. Agree it wasn't the easiest process!

Hope this helps.
chameleon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon001 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 09:28   #3
omikin

Thanks for the tips!

After several calls to the dealership I had to bring the car in for them to do something to make the system live, then it connected straight away.

I now have a follow-up question, however. I have tried a couple of times to use the remote start, with the expectation that the driver's seat and steering wheel would heat up so they would be warm when I got in. The first time I didn't change anything in settings, but assumed that because when I left the car both the seat and the wheel were set to medium heat that this would continue on remote start - it didn't.

Then I found the settings in the Climate tab relating to auto start the heated seat and wheel, so I set these to medium, but the next time I used remote start again they were cold (and when I got into the car and turned on the ignition, they didn't auto-start, so I had to put them on manually).

What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:08   #4
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omikin View Post
Thanks for the tips!

I now have a follow-up question, however. I have tried a couple of times to use the remote start, with the expectation that the driver's seat and steering wheel would heat up so they would be warm when I got in. The first time I didn't change anything in settings, but assumed that because when I left the car both the seat and the wheel were set to medium heat that this would continue on remote start - it didn't.

Then I found the settings in the Climate tab relating to auto start the heated seat and wheel, so I set these to medium, but the next time I used remote start again they were cold (and when I got into the car and turned on the ignition, they didn't auto-start, so I had to put them on manually).

What am I doing wrong?
Probably you are doing nothing wrong, they will only auto start if the temperature is 10°C or lower.

✽ ps, just a helpful tip, you should really post in the forum 2 down for your car, although it doesn't specify your V60, it is for SPA models 👍

Last edited by MikeGMT; Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:34.
MikeGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeGMT For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:11   #5
bornmiddleaged
:-)

They will only come on automatically if it is below a certain temperature outside (over the last few weeks, it seems this is anything below 10C).
Confirmed in the manual:
"With automatic start activated, heating will start in the event of low ambient temperature."
bornmiddleaged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bornmiddleaged For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 13:26   #6
omikin

Thanks again for the responses. I did wonder if it was related to the temperature, but couldn't find the answer on Volvo's website.

Do I still need to amend the settings in "Climate" to set the required heating level, or will it automatically pick what I had when I switched off the car last?

I also take on board the comment about this not being the right forum - I didn't know the other one was for SPA models (or even what an SPA model is...).
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 16:49   #7
MikeGMT
VOC Member

You can select in the climate menu which level you want the wheel and seats to heat up, high, medium or low at auto start.