Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

[S40] Help with SRS Airbag/Electronics

Views : 1225

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2021, 15:28   #1
adeeb458

Default [S40] Help with SRS Airbag/Electronics

Hello Volvo Owners Club,

A friend and I bought a 2005 S40 as a little project a few months back. One of the issues with the car was the SRS/Airbag light and warning on the dashboard.

We scanned the codes using a Delphi and also Volvo Dice and both reported the following codes:

SRS-0003 - PAD/ PAE Lamp Faulty Function
SRS-00A5 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Left. Resistance Too Low
SRS-00A9 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Signal Too Low
SRS-00AB - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Capacitance Too Low

We tried replacing the SRS module in the centre console with a spare module that came with the car (previous owner probably tried to fix the issue) and after clearing the codes, the SRS 0003 is still showing up along with the dashboard warning message.

I understand the code is for the LED light in the overhead centrepiece and corresponds to the passenger airbag switched off LED light, however, as far as I can tell, this car doesn't have the option to disable the passenger airbag and from what I've read, it was an optional extra for certain markets unlike the later model years.

The circuit for the passenger airbag switch is there and we tried jumping it, but the code still persists, so we're kinda stuck now and not sure what else do to solve the problem.

Any help/suggestions from this awesome community would be great and very much appreciated!
adeeb458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 22:56   #2
V50 Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeeb458 View Post
Hello Volvo Owners Club,

A friend and I bought a 2005 S40 as a little project a few months back. One of the issues with the car was the SRS/Airbag light and warning on the dashboard.

We scanned the codes using a Delphi and also Volvo Dice and both reported the following codes:

SRS-0003 - PAD/ PAE Lamp Faulty Function
SRS-00A5 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Left. Resistance Too Low
SRS-00A9 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Signal Too Low
SRS-00AB - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Capacitance Too Low

We tried replacing the SRS module in the centre console with a spare module that came with the car (previous owner probably tried to fix the issue) and after clearing the codes, the SRS 0003 is still showing up along with the dashboard warning message.

I understand the code is for the LED light in the overhead centrepiece and corresponds to the passenger airbag switched off LED light, however, as far as I can tell, this car doesn't have the option to disable the passenger airbag and from what I've read, it was an optional extra for certain markets unlike the later model years.

The circuit for the passenger airbag switch is there and we tried jumping it, but the code still persists, so we're kinda stuck now and not sure what else do to solve the problem.

Any help/suggestions from this awesome community would be great and very much appreciated!
Don't know if this would be of any help but I sent mine to a company called crashdata, they flash the module and post it back to you. Cost about £70 odd quid and sorted the problem for me. Unless of course your mates volvo has been in a crash in which case I'm not sure if flashing it will resolve the problem. Mine came up apparently by jump starting my neighbours car too much....causes a short in the module or something

Last edited by V50 Craig; Jan 13th, 2021 at 22:58.
V50 Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 12:32   #3
adeeb458

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50 Craig View Post
Don't know if this would be of any help but I sent mine to a company called crashdata, they flash the module and post it back to you. Cost about £70 odd quid and sorted the problem for me. Unless of course your mates volvo has been in a crash in which case I'm not sure if flashing it will resolve the problem. Mine came up apparently by jump starting my neighbours car too much....causes a short in the module or something
Yeah I have read about crashdata on a few other posts and forums but after getting in touch with them, I was told they can only reset the module's crash information and can't help with the other fault codes... :-(
adeeb458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 08:24   #4
V50 Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeeb458 View Post
Yeah I have read about crashdata on a few other posts and forums but after getting in touch with them, I was told they can only reset the module's crash information and can't help with the other fault codes... :-(
As they are all SRS codes if you get the SRS module flashed it should take them all off. I think for less than £80 it's definitely worth a try
V50 Craig is offline   Reply With Quote