Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Insurance quote increase

Views : 1196

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 15:55   #21
derek vivian

Default insurance

And with this covid19 lockdown my mileage for the past year is less than 3,000 miles so I wonder if my insurance for my V90 with Adrian Flux will increase or decrease! It is due for renewal in May so I shall see and report herein.
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to derek vivian For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 18:29   #22
jpliddy
VOC Member

derek
you need to tell them before your renewal date so they can just your premium
down hopefully !!!!
jpliddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpliddy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 20:13   #23
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek vivian View Post
And with this covid19 lockdown my mileage for the past year is less than 3,000 miles so I wonder if my insurance for my V90 with Adrian Flux will increase or decrease! It is due for renewal in May so I shall see and report herein.
I would ask to speak to Dan personally. I am sure he will help!

Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 12:09   #24
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
JUST HAD MY INSURANCE RENEWAL NOTICE FROM FJ, LAST YEAR I PAID £324.39
IN TOTAL,THAT WAS FOR FULLY COMP, INCLUDING BREAKDOWN COVER WITH ONWARD TRAVEL ETC, PARTS, SALVAGE RETENTION, AGREED VALUE OF £3500, I'VE BEEN WITH THEM A FEW YEARS NOW AND NEVER MADE A CLAIM, NOW MY RENEWAL HAS SHOT UP TO £456.68 IN TOTAL. QUITE A INCREASE ! THINK I'LL BE SHOPPING AROUND . DAVID.
I've been in touch with my insurance company FJ, they are looking into the price hike of approx £132 from last year and have promised to come back to me for Friday, meantime I've been shopping around, cheapest so far is Direct Line for £347.20 thats for standard car insurance, but I want an agreed valuation, salvage retention,etc type of policy, just out of interest I tried the VOC insurance Chis Knott, firstly they refused to insure it because its not in a garage overnight, then they gave me a quote of just over £800, today I'm going to try Hagerty, Lancaster, Towergate , David.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 17:21   #25
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
I've been in touch with my insurance company FJ, they are looking into the price hike of approx £132 from last year and have promised to come back to me for Friday, meantime I've been shopping around, cheapest so far is Direct Line for £347.20 thats for standard car insurance, but I want an agreed valuation, salvage retention,etc type of policy, just out of interest I tried the VOC insurance Chis Knott, firstly they refused to insure it because its not in a garage overnight, then they gave me a quote of just over £800, today I'm going to try Hagerty, Lancaster, Towergate , David.
A further update on insurance quote, firstly, Hagerty would not quote me because my Volvo is my only car, and suggested I phone Adrian Flux, then Lancaster who very kindly gave me a quote of £1100.26, again, then I tried Towergate, turns out they are a subsidiary of FJ who I'm already with so no point in pursuing that, so I decided to phone my insurer FJ, after a brief chat about the £132 increase since last year, they agreed it was excessive and looked into it whilst I was on the phone, they have revised my renewal quote from £456.68 to £360.12 roughly a £35 increase from last year, so I decided to accept that. my policy remains the same, shows & events, European motoring, non standard audio, spare parts, salvage retention, agreed valuation of £3500, legal protection, Rac breakdown cover-roadside recovery,onward travel, homestart etc. so the hassle is done for another year. David.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 22:05   #26
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
A further update on insurance quote, firstly, Hagerty would not quote me because my Volvo is my only car, and suggested I phone Adrian Flux, then Lancaster who very kindly gave me a quote of £1100.26, again, then I tried Towergate, turns out they are a subsidiary of FJ who I'm already with so no point in pursuing that, so I decided to phone my insurer FJ, after a brief chat about the £132 increase since last year, they agreed it was excessive and looked into it whilst I was on the phone, they have revised my renewal quote from £456.68 to £360.12 roughly a £35 increase from last year, so I decided to accept that. my policy remains the same, shows & events, European motoring, non standard audio, spare parts, salvage retention, agreed valuation of £3500, legal protection, Rac breakdown cover-roadside recovery,onward travel, homestart etc. so the hassle is done for another year. David.
Glad to hear you got it somewhat sorted David, i wonder if it would be cheaper for you to buy a modern Euro-Blob 1.0 thing and insure that as your main car so you can put the Volvo on a classic policy? Probably not though unless you bought a second Volvo and insured them both as classics.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 14:16   #27
827Roverman
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Glad to hear you got it somewhat sorted David, i wonder if it would be cheaper for you to buy a modern Euro-Blob 1.0 thing and insure that as your main car so you can put the Volvo on a classic policy? Probably not though unless you bought a second Volvo and insured them both as classics.
Hi Dave, nice idea to have another car, but you know my circumstances regarding the wife being confined to bed and not being able to leave her, so that would be two cars just sat on the drive, my choice for a second car though would be a Reliant Scimitar, or the other end of the scale a moggy traveller, always had a hankering for one of them, its a nice idea, unfortunately not for me, and yes you often see insurance quotes for classics for as little as £80 to £90, but its about time insurance companies offered similar policies to owners of just one car on low limited mileage. at least FJ finally saw sense and knocked best part of £100 off what they quoted. David.
The Following User Says Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post: