Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Drive Modes - 2023

Views : 2002

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2023, 08:28   #11
piorunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
My MY22.5 google based software XC60 has plenty of drive modes selectable but you do now have to delve into the centre screen menu's to change them.
Maybe the newer models (MY23 Core, Plus and Ultimate) have changed again so there aren't any but I'm unable to say on that one.
That's why I am very happy with my 2021 XC60. I have beautiful physical full metal roller with Off Road, Polestar, Power, Pure, Hybrid and AWD. Can't ask for more.
And battery modes (to charge or hold) are selectable via tablet, not physical button.

Last edited by piorunz; Aug 4th, 2023 at 08:31.
piorunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 11:04   #12
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by piorunz View Post
That's why I am very happy with my 2021 XC60. I have beautiful physical full metal roller with Off Road, Polestar, Power, Pure, Hybrid and AWD. Can't ask for more.
And battery modes (to charge or hold) are selectable via tablet, not physical button.
100%, having paddles to start the engine quickly too, the new cars might have more bhp but useable power in an faffing or relying on the kickdown button manner would wind me up.

Fake exhaust chrome surrounds wind me up in the rear bumpers too 😂
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rhd443 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 12:03   #13
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post
100%, having paddles to start the engine quickly too, the new cars might have more bhp but useable power in an faffing or relying on the kickdown button manner would wind me up.

Fake exhaust chrome surrounds wind me up in the rear bumpers too 😂
Having owned both a MY20 PE (with paddles and drive mode wheel) and a MY22.5 PE (no paddles and drive select in the menu only), I really worried about loosing the paddles when switching to the newer car (as I used them alot in my previous car, especially when driving spiritedly) but I can confirm that at no stage since switching cars have I actually missed having the paddles. Engine and gearbox responses in the newer cars are night & day better than the older PHEV drivetrain. The gearbox always seems to be in the correct gear when you want it to be and I've never needed to use the kickdown switch as the drivetrain has always done what it needs to and never left me wanting in any situation (overtaking/exiting a roundabout/jointing a motorway).
I tired driving with the gears in manual selection (using the gear selector to change gears in the absence of paddles) but found no real benefit vs leaving the systems to select gears so have not attempted it since but that method can be used to wake the ICE up early if needed.

And as annoying as having to go into the menu to change driving mode is, I've got pretty used to it and can almost do it blindfolded now and pretty quickly, not as well as with the dial but for the amount of times I change the mode (which I do quite often between Hybrid and Polestar), it works fine.

Also, mine doesn't have any fake chrome exhaust surrounds but I do miss the PE exhausts.......

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 12:15   #14
Discoman

I only use Dynamic for overtaking so being able to find it quickly is useful. How many keystrokes/screen changes would I need on a new model?
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 12:33   #15
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
I only use Dynamic for overtaking so being able to find it quickly is useful. How many keystrokes/screen changes would I need on a new model?
Three.
Swipe right, select drive mode, select dynamic.
bit of a pain not having it as a selector beside the gear knob.
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 12:43   #16
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko1960 View Post
Three.
Swipe right, select drive mode, select dynamic.
bit of a pain not having it as a selector beside the gear knob.
Great, thank you.
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 13:49   #17
Tonyr027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
On my MY24 XC60 spec none , as there’s no other drive modes than off road.

2023 XC60 B4 Plus Thunder Grey - Blond Interior
Tonyr027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 15:24   #18
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyr027 View Post
On my MY24 XC60 spec none , as there’s no other drive modes than off road.
That would disappoint me so I would need to drive an up to date car before ordering.