Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Well, that's it then...

Views : 2735

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2023, 13:06   #21
kdst5

Having owned a P2 V70 and now a P3 V70 I could sort of lived with the sloping tail gate although would have preferred the V70 straight tailgate. What I couldn't live with is just how low the V90 is to the ground and this is not just the height of the V90 but also the floor to ceiling height. Sitting in a V90 compared to the V70 and the V90 feels cramped particularly those of us well over 6" in height.

Then you have the new V60 which wasn't much smaller than the V90. To me it seems they really messed up the V90 it just wasn't big enough.
kdst5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 14:05   #22
vonRypp

Default Software support is fading...

I didn't want to open another thread whining, but I have also noticed that the software support has been slowed down significantly.

Previously, the Volvo Cars App had an update every week, there hasn't been a patch for a month now. And no, not because it's working fine already. Still lacks many of the features it had previously with the legacy app.

The same with AAOS, the last patch was released almost 2 months ago and it only contained a minor fix, so no new features, etc.

I am still waiting the driving journal for MHEV cars, customisable driver display, possibility to show other apps/info on the driver display, not just GMaps, and some other settings which are available in almost any other cars, but not in Volvo (e.g. settings for ambient interior light, timer for interior light auto switch off, etc.).

Am I expecting too much from a car company competing in the premium segment?
Cloud Blue / Breeze
vonRypp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 6th, 2023, 22:55   #23
lat002
Les

Default Wagon Specs Inadequate in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfcforever1987 View Post

The whole reason (for me) to have an estate is the low load height. Great for me getting stuff in the boot and great for the dogs who haven't got to leap so far to get in the boot..
Agreed, if Volvo had been offering electric powered V60 & V90 their sales of wagons wouldn’t have collapsed. The SUV’s don’t suit my needs. If an all electric V60 CC was available I’d be delighted to test drive it and probably buy
Old Aug 6th, 2023, 23:49   #24
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat002 View Post
Agreed, if Volvo had been offering electric powered V60 & V90 their sales of wagons wouldn’t have collapsed. The SUV’s don’t suit my needs. If an all electric V60 CC was available I’d be delighted to test drive it and probably buy
Maybe have a look at this. As an ex Audi A6 owner, that looks nice.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...or-near-future
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulrikas PA For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 06:59   #25
lat002
Les

Default No Volvo Wagons; Electric Estates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
Maybe have a look at this. As an ex Audi A6 owner, that looks nice.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...or-near-future
Good article about the current market for electric estates un UK, thanks Ulrikas. I’ve had a browse read so far but will have a more thorough read later.

Impression I get is that more choice will be available in next couple of years. I’d seen the MG already which is interesting. Range anxiety is still an issue with me as we’re not blessed with many charge points in the NW of England.

I think I’ll likely stick with my V60 CC for now pending further developments.

I’ve grown to love my Volvo so it’s a shame they’re not in the running
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 07:09   #26
vonRypp

Quote:
Good article about the current market for electric estates un UK, thanks Ulrikas. I’ve had a browse read so far but will have a more thorough read later.

Impression I get is that more choice will be available in next couple of years. I’d seen the MG already which is interesting. Range anxiety is still an issue with me as we’re not blessed with many charge points in the NW of England.

I think I’ll likely stick with my V60 CC for now pending further developments.

I’ve grown to love my Volvo so it’s a shame they’re not in the running
I’ve heard a rumour that an EV60/90 might come in 2 years. I think one of the management people of Volvo mentioned this during the reveal of the EX30.
Cloud Blue / Breeze
vonRypp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 07:55   #27
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post
I’ve heard a rumour that an EV60/90 might come in 2 years. I think one of the management people of Volvo mentioned this during the reveal of the EX30.
There was an artists impression on the EV60/90 in Auto Express a couple of weeks ago….a Volvo spokesperson said that it might come to fruition later.
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 09:09   #28
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Range anxiety is still an issue with me as we’re not blessed with many charge points in the NW
That's why I went for a used V60 diesel hybrid rather than a new EV on a PCP. I would definitely look at finding one of the recent longer range 50 mile petrol hybrid V60s when I come to change - it's a good compromise.

On my current tank I've done 220 miles at an average of 101mpg because I've charged every night on a 3 pin p!ug. Even with a small fuel tank than means a 550-800m range.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote