Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 D5 02 power steering pump + belt tensioner

Views : 2786

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:47   #1
Mrsmastiffs

Default S60 D5 02 power steering pump + belt tensioner

Lo, due to a mechanic struggling to correct the mistakes of a prior garage I have two perfrectly servicable parts for sale that were not needed.

Power steering pump cost me 70 from a breakers £36

Auxillery belt tensioner ( german made replacement bought new) £ 25

I think they must be cheap but im more concerned in them sitting here wasted. Cheers Mas
Mrsmastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:23   #2
p1nny

how old is the PWR steering pump? have you tested it has no leak as is common?
p1nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 18:47   #3
Mrsmastiffs

Hi, if your bored and read my sorry saga in the s60 thread it explains :P

The Volvo man srtuggled to find the scourse of a bearings type noise and was fairly confident it was the p/steering pump so I got one from the breakers which was suprisingly not cheap ( cheeper than LVM who quoted 100 though) put it on the car and it didnt cure the noise. So in answer you have a pump that has been fitted to a car and tested by the man who runs Riverside Workshop Volvo in Harlow ( recomended to me via here) which is why I am happy and confident in selling it on. He actually offered to keep the parts to sell on to a customer when needed and give me the money as he said they are always in need. Knowing this forum I thought give it a go on here see where it goes 1st.

The tensioner was fitted (new) about 6 weeks prior by the original garage who didnt repair my car properly and I wont be going back to, so it has done about 1,000 miles.

Hope this helps , I'm not some shylock just dont want to waste good parts/cash thanks to those ***** I first went to.

PM me if you want my details
Cheers Mas
Mrsmastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 20:42   #4
p1nny

how much for it all delivered then mate? my car is being worked on at minute so may as well get those parts done at the same time n get the car back perfect
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 11:33   #5
ukmastiff

Pinny you can have them for 60 pounds plus what ever it costs to post , it's half what they cost me any less I'd keep them for spares TBH :P

I would just send it parcel force ( they charge 14.99) if it was me but any way you like.

Regards Mas
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 14:04   #6
p1nny

ok how do i transfer the £75. paypal? where abouts are you in herts? might be able to collect? and save the 15
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 16:25   #7
ukmastiff

Can you pm or phone me I've pm'd you mu number ?

Regards Mas