Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Re-Think

Views : 1227

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2003, 16:41   #11
Coljono

I forgot to ask is yours manual or auto and does it have the sports/economy mode.
Colin
Big green flying machine (95 855 t5)
Old May 14th, 2003, 18:06   #12
winamac

Colin...

This is an early model...1994... badged Turbo not T-5.

It is manual and does not have any sports/economy mode. In fact it does not have many toys at all.

I think my problem is..... after driving passive Volvos for many years I need to educate myself to driving a true performance car. Also I am frightened of blowing somthing up if I get too aggressive with the gas.

The car is in superb condition and came with full Volvo service history....I just love it to bits....

winamac
Old May 15th, 2003, 09:43   #13
Coljono

If its been well looked after there is no reason why it should not withstand a bit of "spirited" driving,after all that is what they were designed for.Dont worry be happy
Colin
Big green flying machine (95 855 t5):-)
Old May 15th, 2003, 16:47   #14
winamac

Well Colin...

I have just got in from work and had to come straight to the computer to tell you the result of the first test.....well actually that is not quite true...first I have had to change my trousers!!

On the way home I found a good stretch of flat straight road. At the lights I was on my own and pulled away slowly in 1st to about 10-12 mph...changed to 2nd and crept up to 25 mph....then I hit the gas and floored it....she went without hesitation like a rocket...no delay..no spiting or farting...Oh my God and a frightening thrust which I stopped at 4500rpm but it seemed as though there was plenty left!! So what the hell happens when you change to 3rd?? Also there was this wonderful growl coming from somewhere...and as far as I know it has the standard exhaust..in fact it hasn't had any mods at all....so.....as I thought I will have to re-think my driving attitude...

Thanks for your messages and I will keep you posted to my findings....also this rolling road may be something I should consider but after today it seemed alright to me!!

winamac
Old May 15th, 2003, 18:02   #15
Coljono

Fun innit!!Colin
Big green flying machine (95 855 t5):D
Old May 15th, 2003, 18:25   #16
winamac

Er...fun...just dosn't describe the experience!!!

winamac
Old May 17th, 2003, 21:03   #17
Coljono

Re "what happens when you change into 3rd"why you just bury the right foot and repeat the experience!! and then there's 4th and 5th :)
Colin
Big green flying machine (855 T5)
Old May 18th, 2003, 06:46   #18
winamac

EEK!!...Not sure if I am ready for that.....

Still...what the hell....watch this space...

winamac
Old May 20th, 2003, 20:32   #19
Bigbird76

great stuff winamac

nice to see your having fun you should see the T5 go with a few modds had myne spinning 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th in some places and there was not much that could come close to me where i live exept 1 lancia delta intergralie evo!!!
I sold the T5 last year never mind S70R here i come !!

bigbird

Old May 21st, 2003, 15:41   #20
winamac

Yep...I can safely say I am living my second youth!! Still getting use to it though....and pushing it a little more each time.

Yippeeee!!

winamac