Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

photo of v70 2435cc non turbo denso manifold layout required

Views : 761

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 7th, 2009, 00:31   #1
osterly1

Default photo of v70 2435cc non turbo denso manifold layout required

right ok, have now removed and refitted the inlet manifold 3 times now, and still car hesitates and stalls, my only thinking is that now there is definately no air leak , that i must of put the vac pipes on the manifold the wrong way round or soemthing stupid like that, so this is my last chance or i'm getting rid of it, had enough , so what i need is a photo of the inlet manifold on the bottom right hand side, where the 4 vac pipes are located, ok the largest 1 is easy , i think the 1 furthest left is white and goes to the airbox, then i have 2 more , think these may be the problem, so please someone take a picture or even tell me exactly where their pipes are going, am at witts end now, and dont want to remove the goddam manifold again in the morning, waste 90 minutes , then put it back together to find it still doing the same thing

many thanks in advance
osterly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 08:35   #2
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Can't help with a photo but have a look at the assisted air valve & it's pipework, this provides air around the injectors to assist emissions.

If this is blocked or leaking then it may not be helping with your problems.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:13   #3
Hewey

Hi, I think the 2 pipes which you described are equal in size (about 1 cm of outer diameter). One of them (from the upper nipple in the manifold) will go to the EVAP system solenoid valve and the other one (from the lower nipple in the manifold) will go to the MAP-sensor, which is located in the car centerline, above the radiator.

Last edited by Hewey; Oct 7th, 2009 at 12:15.
Hewey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hewey For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 14:00   #4
osterly1

thanks so very very very very very very very very very very much , after taking manifold off 5 times, it was that poxy little pipe , that connects to map sensor thing under the rad shroud thing that was not connected , connected it , and all is fine once more,

thanks thanks thanks

anthony
osterly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 10:42   #5
Hewey

You are most welcome. I'm propably changing the intake manifold gasket in the near future too (suspecting a leak in it), so it's nice to have this information stored here.
Hewey is offline   Reply With Quote