Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Springs

Views : 528

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:51   #1
adieu
Master Member

Default Springs

Has anyone fitted lowering springs to thier T5/T5R, just wondered how easy it was and do the rear shocks have to be replaced? (As i have self leveling on the rear)

Any help would be appreciated..

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:35   #2
RedR

The jobs fairly simple, it all depends on what experience you have, and what tools you have at your disposal.

I'm not sure about the issue with self levellers, but there is a post on here somewhere that discusses fitting non-self levelling springs, with self leveller shocks, and it does improve handling.

Regards

Nigel 855R
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:42   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

Default RE: Springs

You can fit just the front pair of lowered & uprated springs to your car and leave the rear self-levelling in place. It will tend to give the car a very slight nose-down attitude which loooks quite good.

If you want to replace the self levelling then you have to change to normal dampers plus full set of springs.

I can supply a half set of springs at 50% of the price you will find on my website.

Regards, Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:10   #4
sholtby
Premier Member

With there being so many speed ramps about doesnt lowering a T5 mean you will have problems hitting them? Also I parked up the other day and the front spoiler just cleared a standard height kerb. Again there maybe problems if the car is lowered.

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 22:45   #5
adieu
Master Member

Thanks for the help guys, I've already ordered a full set of springs which should be arriving monday. I have all the tools needed to do the job. As for the speed bumps and curbs I already hit most of them :) so a few more won't make much diffrence...lol....Will let you all know how i get on with leaving the standard self leveling shocks on the rear with the uprated/lowering springs.

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:59   #6
don kalmar union
Trader

Adieu,

As I said in my earlier post, when you fit your uprated and lowered rear springs, you will find that the self levelling units react by jacking the rear up.

You will have to either leave them off or fit a pair of normal rear dampers.

regards, Don.Norchi.

kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 15:40   #7
k690bpp

if i wanted to lower my s70r could i buy the pro-sport kit u sell??

i ask because i think the s70r is already lowered at the factory, so would your springs lower it even further or keep it the same heaight i.e are the spring u sell only for cars which are a standard height to begin with.

i want to go 30mm lower at least if possible and most importantly without ruining the ride too much, any ideas?? cheers